Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
My parents have a pink bathroom. They built their house in 1963 and haven't really updated much. My mother is a cleaning fanatic, so that pink tile looks as new as the day it was installed!

I'm dreading having to sell that house.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Our house was built in the late 50's and one of the guest baths still has pink fixtures. We were renovating the master bath and the contractor told us those fixtures were really in demand and did we want to sell them. Not my favorite but they are now considered antiques. :D

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
There are a lot of houses around here that have the pink and black tiled bathrooms. Usually everyone has either gone 80's black and hot pink decor or gone retro. I just feel so bad for the men who have to live in these houses. It is just garish.

Of course, I should talk. We have the hospital johnny green bathroom that came out around the same time. *vomit*

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
When my parents bought an old farm in Franklin, PA in 1970, the 'master bath' had lavender fixtures. Yup, tub, sink, and toilet! Never have seen that color anywhere else.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'm kind of digging the 'pink diamond' bathroom there. I'm pretty sure I would never want to clean that one though!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Ain't seen it in years, but they used to make TP to match them bathrooms.:D

Wonder what my brother would say if I bought some pink paint and redid the inside of the outhouse at or farm.:D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
When my parents bought an old farm in Franklin, PA in 1970, the 'master bath' had lavender fixtures. Yup, tub, sink, and toilet! Never have seen that color anywhere else.
we had a house in VA in the 70s that had a lavender and black guest bathroom. my mom said it looked like a bordello. it was a long time before i knew what that meant, lol.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Wow, that takes me back. That 4th pic looks like the guest bath in my first house! It was built in the 50s and had turquoise kitchen appliances also. (I kid you not--turquoise built in oven, turquoise range!)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
we had a house in VA in the 70s that had a lavender and black guest bathroom. my mom said it looked like a bordello. it was a long time before i knew what that meant, lol.
Yes, the tile (plastic) was black and lavender!! :eek: And the floor was black.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
My grandmother had a pink washroom. And my grandfather had a blue washroom. Neither would use the others washroom. LOL. They were quite ugly now that I think back on it.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Wow, that takes me back. That 4th pic looks like the guest bath in my first house! It was built in the 50s and had turquoise kitchen appliances also. (I kid you not--turquoise built in oven, turquoise range!)
I had an apartment in Vancouver's West End that had not one, but two pink bathrooms as well as a small galley kitchen with turquoise Jenn-Air appliances (both a range and wall oven). The counters were matching glazed ceramic tiles with black ceramic trim. The kitchen and bathrooms were in spectacular condition and were quite fabulous.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I had an apartment in Vancouver's West End that had not one, but two pink bathrooms as well as a small galley kitchen with turquoise Jenn-Air appliances (both a range and wall oven). The counters were matching glazed ceramic tiles with black ceramic trim. The kitchen and bathrooms were in spectacular condition and were quite fabulous.
I didn't even know that turquoise appliances had been manufactured until we bought that little house. My turquoise was courtesy of GE. And was in pretty good condition. I lived with it for many years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts