Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something :D I have somethings that I have to get rid of, SU and I went through some stuff and I'm going to the drop off box now to give and keep some people warm. I know I forget to do this sometimes, but now more than ever people need and it got me thinking :(

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I do that too. Things that are still in good condition but I know I will never wear again. There is a big Salvation Army container next to the grocery store by us & I drop them off there. I forget to do it as much as I should though.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We regularly take boxes and bags full of clothing and usable 'stuff' to the Salvation Army. I had planned on going through all my clothes over the Christmas break and donating a lot of things, but that got put on the back burner for a while. Maybe when I switch back to summer stuff, I can do a major purging then.

As soon as it's warm enough, Bill and I will go through our storage and purge that. We've been going through the pantry in here, will do the cabinets next, and either store what we're not using often, or get rid of what we don't use at all. De-crapify!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I gave extra money this past year to the rescues I'm interested in. Figure few people are looking after the animals that are suffering.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I donate regularly to Goodwill. I'm also a pretty fair Goodwill Store shopper, too.
A few years ago I was browsing through some skirts there. Oh! I really like that one! No wonder... it was one I had donated a year or two earlier! So I bought it again.

Now that's recycling! :laugh:

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Paddysmom said:
I donate regularly to Goodwill. I'm also a pretty fair Goodwill Store shopper, too.
A few years ago I was browsing through some skirts there. Oh! I really like that one! No wonder... it was one I had donated a year or two earlier! So I bought it again.

Now that's recycling! :laugh:
bwahahahaaa!!!

Yes,we donate too. We give to the Kidney Foundation and to Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
I don't know if the Kidney Foundation resells or if they donate to people in need.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
We all should donate what we can, whether it be time, money or items. We give to several local thirft stores. Between the 3 of us we always have something when they call. I also give money to several organizations on a regular bases.

Our family also has a "change" jar. Anything left laying around goes in it plus it sits by the washer so as you are cleaning out pockets change gets dumped in. My mum's credit union takes unrolled change as they have a machine to sort it. We cash it in twice a year once in the fall when it is getting cold and once in June when our hot 105 plus days start. In the fall we go to the thrift stores and buy warm clothes and blankets in June we buy cases of bottled water and take them down to the homeless shelter. They always need both sets of items.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys are awesome!!

I'm setting up another bag now from my bedroom, and some extra things that we're not using.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.