Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're all smarter and have more common sense than the guys in DC. What would you do?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Maple1 said:
We're all smarter and have more common sense than the guys in DC. What would you do?
I wouldn't immediately characterize examination of the plan and its details (such that they are) as "hating" it. Didn't you anti-Bush people harp on the fact over 8 yrs that questioning the President and his actions is a good and patriotic thing to do?

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
To answer honestly/seriously... MOAR INFRASTRUCTURE!!!

To me, this is the most straightforward thing ever.

1. Pretty much everyone benefits from this.
2. It definitely creates jobs.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
To put $$ in our pockets immediately? Cut payroll taxes by 50%, or even altogether, for 1 year. :D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
One third on infrastructure.
One third on tax cuts for business. Like it or not, that's where the jobs come from.
One third in payments to individual taxpayers in the form of a governement debit card. It forces the dollars into the retail economy rather than having people use it to pay off old debt.

I'd also cut the capital gains to virtually nothing for any investment made in the next three years. Hold the investment for more than 3 years and the CG tax would be less than 5%. This would encourage investment and create jobs.

Then I'd wait and see. America has an attention span of 45 minutes and expects everything to work right away. It's never going to work that way.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
One third on tax cuts for business. Like it or not, that's where the jobs come from.
One third in payments to individual taxpayers in the form of a governement debit card. It forces the dollars into the retail economy rather than having people use it to pay off old debt.

I'd also cut the capital gains to virtually nothing for any investment made in the next three years. Hold the investment for more than 3 years and the CG tax would be less than 5%. This would encourage investment and create jobs.

Then I'd wait and see. America has an attention span of 45 minutes and expects everything to work right away. It's never going to work that way.
Is it to let to vote you President!! Oh but it all makes too much sense so I'm sure it would never work!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
dipete said:
Golfgirlrobin said:

Is it to let to vote you President!! Oh but it all makes too much sense so I'm sure it would never work!
Thank you but I can't afford the paycut. ;)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:

Well done, we need to send you to Washington immediately.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:

I'm liking this but instead of 1/3 to individual taxpayer debit card,cut that in half and apply that money to existing credit card debt to make the buying of credit card securities attractive to the foreign investors again.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Tax rebate for people who don't pay taxes.

Money for Barney Franks bank so he can continue his good work.

Nationalized healthcare.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
gundogpa said:

Nationalized healthcare.
Chuck; I thought that was the one already in place...you copy cat you! :laugh:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
gundogpa said:

Nationalized healthcare.
Maybe we could lower Chris Dodd's mortgage rate, too. I forgot about that.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
cut the size of goverment by 1/2, get the goverment out of our pockets! Also stop all these "feel good" program's, if you need help ask family, your church or neighbors!

running for the hills far away from this post

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Mama3tikes said:
...if you need help ask family, your church or neighbors!
And who will help the gay teen who's been kicked out of his/her home and church by people who do nothing but condemn? What about the young mother, suffering domestic abuse, with no place to go and no means of support? What about the mentally or physically handicapped? Etc., etc...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mama3tikes said:
cut the size of goverment by 1/2, get the goverment out of our pockets! Also stop all these "feel good" program's, if you need help ask family, your church or neighbors!

We actually may agree on something. Everyone should pay their own way. If you want to buy a car - earn the money; don't live above your means and expect someone will bail you out; if you want your kids to go to primary school or college - by all means pay the full cost, do away with free public education because all that is is a massive feel good welfare program with childless people subisdizing people with children.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Maple1 said:
Mama3tikes said:

We actually may agree on something. Everyone should pay their own way. If you want to buy a car - earn the money; don't live above your means and expect someone will bail you out; if you want your kids to go to primary school or college - by all means pay the full cost, do away with free public education because all that is is a massive feel good welfare program with childless people subisdizing people with children.
Wow for I think the first time we do agree! I am a special ed teacher and I feel the familys of these individuals need to step up and provide care (and help in the cost of education). I have 3 kids who all attend private school and I pay the same taxes as people who have 6 kids who receive "free" education with no complants (ok, very little complantes)

As for the gay child who is kicked to the crub by his family,church ect...well, maybe he needs to learn to keep his sexual orientation to him/her self untill he/she is able to care for him/her self. As for the abused woman, find a way to help your self, after all isn't that what our grandparents (or in my case, parents) did. I think if someone really needs help they will find a wealth of people and programs to help them and not one of these programs needs to be run by or overseen by the goverment!

ok off soap box now!

PS as a family who lost someone in the WTC on 9/11 we accepted NO PAYMENT from the goverment only the life insurance that my sister paid for, it is my feeling that the goverment is not responsible for what someone (anyone) did to my sister.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Maple1 said:
Mama3tikes said:

Now you're talking. Those of us who didn't feel the need to burden the planet with little resource suckers shouldn't have to pay for those who do. We should be sitting in the sun in our new electric golf carts waiting for the **** foursome in front of us to get off the **** green; not paying for somebody else's kid to suffer through algebra, which anybody will tell you we never use anyway.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts