Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just feel like something bad is going to happen. Today is Trent's last day of preschool, and he's my youngest, I just finished his conference to end speech, so that's another closure, we have BIG MAJOR stresses at work right now, I am really pissed at the assistant principal of the middle school, Ken's surgery is tomorrow, and on and on and on. I wish I could get out from under this feeling. I literally have said the serenity prayer hundreds of times today.

So what do you guys do? Any advice? Funny stories to make me laugh? Could you spare a prayer?

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Actually, when I feel a sense of impending doom, that's usually when things work out fine. So based on my experience, I think everything's gonna be okay with you. :D It's when I least expect it that sh*% hits the fan.

I don't wanna encourage you to have dark thoughts or anything, but I think the fact that you're prepared for disaster is kind of a good thing. Just try not to get too stressed.

I'll send you some pleasant, happy thoughts.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. You must have really meant it, since you sent it twice! ;D I keep telling myself everything will be fine. And no matter what happens, it will be. It's just hard in the middle sometimes.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Sending you postive, good thoughts.
Hope that helps.
Sounds like you need to take a little time and pamper yourself. Do something for you. Even if it is something little.

B

·
0 Posts
I agree with Labmom2Sun. It's usually when you feel like the world is gonna fall on your head that everything turns out ok. I feel like that every time I turn in a test and I always end up with an A or a B...things like that.

Good thoughts, prayers, and calming feelings coming your way. Take a few minutes for yourself tonight. :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

I know the feeling (Kinda got it at the moment - Assignments are due in :p ) though I've found if you logically list out everything thats driving you nuts at the moment, then take each major part, and disassemble it into smaller parts, you'll be surprised at how much you realise you can (Hopefully) start to chew through each problem.
If all else fails - Beer is your friend (Or wine if thats ya preference) :p

Cheers,

Pottsie

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
That's exactly how I have been feeling since Monday. Chase graduated high school Friday, we had a crawfish boil/party Sunday and then after all of that I have been feeling so blue. It's like something is either going to happen bad, or I am forgetting to do something, etc...... I just hate this feeling!!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
<<raises hand>>

I seem to have the worst luck possible in June. I don't know if it's the alignment of the stars or the Summer Solstice or what, but June is a TERRIBLE month for me, with one exception: DW1 was born in June.

I've been laid off in June. Had health issues in June. Had major financial difficulties in June. I HATE JUNE. And this year's is gearing up to be a doozie... ~~sigh~~

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
What, that 'impending doom' feeling isn't normal? ;) I prescribe massive doses of chocolate to counteract it. That, and lots of cold beer to wash it down. Things always work out, and like Labmoms2sun said, bad stuff waits for when you're least prepared! ;D

I'm sending you good thoughts/vibes and a little prayer for peace of mind!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have. For some reason it seems to be a "moment" kind of thing, where I note the exact time and say to myself "If 'someone' dies it is at this exact time". As far as I know, these "premonitions" have never come true. But the feeling is overwhelming. Something, somewhere has gone wrong. I just never found out about it!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
When Charla and I were little, she was scared of everything. She always said red eyes were in her window.

Well, we had fancy dolls. You know.... pretty dolls with real pretty dresses. Once I went into her room while she out and made all the dolls look at the direction of her bed. I made sure they were all perfectly staring at her when she got into bed. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shanna said:
When Charla and I were little, she was scared of everything. She always said red eyes were in her window.

Well, we had fancy dolls. You know.... pretty dolls with real pretty dresses. Once I went into her room while she out and made all the dolls look at the direction of her bed. I made sure they were all perfectly staring at her when she got into bed. :laugh:
Dayyum! I'm glad you weren't my sister! ;D Hey wait, maybe that's it! I've got all these red eyed cicadas looking at me! Charla's on to something.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Shanna said:

WTH does this have to do with the original post?! And that was a really mean thing you did, btw. MEAN!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Charla said:
Shanna said:

WTH does this have to do with the original post?! And that was a really mean thing you did, btw. MEAN!
CindersMyGirl said:
So what do you guys do? Any advice? Funny stories to make me laugh? Could you spare a prayer?
I contributed to the funny, and THAT was funny right there. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
Shanna said:

Dayyum! I'm glad you weren't my sister! ;D Hey wait, maybe that's it! I've got all these red eyed cicadas looking at me! Charla's on to something.
I love those pics. I bet that's it. Although it's really cool... there is an aspect to it that has to make your skin crawl a little. It's just manifesting as doom since you have no control over it.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Actually, I've had this feeling a few times and bad things HAVE happened. Don't want to say I'm pyschic or anything, but I tend to listen to my inner feelings very closely on matters such as these... and I have gone as far as to tell loved ones not to go someplace on some days etc. Better safe than sorry.

J

·
0 Posts
Believe this or not:

I've never had a sense of impending doom like you describe, but everytime a loved one of mine has died, I dreamt about it the night before. I kid you not.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JollyMolly said:
Believe this or not:

I've never had a sense of impending doom like you describe, but everytime a loved one of mine has died, I dreamt about it the night before. I kid you not.
I did that the night my Papaw died. I awoke in the middle of the night crying about him and the next morning my Mom got the call. I don't remember it because I was really little, but all of the adults remember it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts