Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you tried it? Did it work? Side effects?

I am down to 1/2 an ovary and while my hormones are within "normal" limits, I am still experiencing all the symptoms of perimenopause...

TIA

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My mom used it. The only side effect I noticed was that if I went to the store and I accidentally didn't get any when she was out, her head exploded. WHERE IS MY ESTROVEN???? I still remember that primal hormonal scream.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I tried all the natural stuff before I went on HRT. Nothing I tried made a dent in the hot flashes and night sweats. :( The hot flashes are what caused my rosacea. I would get so red in the face that people were afraid I was going to pass out, and sometimes it felt like I was going to.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The night sweats and hot flashes I can handle, it's the mood swings and general bitchyness that I can't

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I took a generic of it and it did nothing for me. A gal at work took it and it worked for a while and then quit working. If you can stand the hotflashes (mine are in full swing right now) talk to your doc about Pristiq or look into uping your Bvitamins and some of the natural mood drugs like St. John's wort. For me, it would have to be Pristiq and it is supposed to help with the hotflashes as well. At least that is what my doc says.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
The night sweats and hot flashes I can handle, it's the mood swings and general bitchyness that I can't
Now, I didn't have the mood swings and I didn't feel any different emotionally. All my symptoms were physical. If I could do away with the **** hot flashes, night sweats and trouble sleeping, I'd quit the HRT tomorrow! The rest I can deal with, no prob.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I used black cohosh and it helped with mood swings - husband would get it for me if I ran out - b4 I knew I was out!~

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I tried it for the only symptoms I really have, night sweats and trouble sleeping- usually I wake up because I've sweat so much I need to change or I'm freezing from being soaking wet from sweating- a vicious cycle and probably too much information for anyone- Short answer is I got no relief so I stopped using it. Now I'm just "sweating it out" ;):D Hoping that it ends someday soon!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for sharing ladies :)

I am afraid if I don't figure this out soon, I will be single & homeless:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.