Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I reviewed "The Wolf in the Parlor" in the film/book section and made a wild guess that about 75-80% of JL members were female.

Then I began wondering how near that guess was to the truth. (Not that there's such a thing as absolute "truth" on something like this since there are members who join but never, rarely, occasionally, daily, etc., post. And how much posting is needed before a person is "truly a member"?)

So, to get a rough idea I went through the list of members under the "Community" link in the heading for the letter "D" looking for those listed as Dad, Daddy something plus those with usernames ending with dad, daddy, pappa, etc. The count in my head -- if it is accurate (IIIA) -- is 14.

Did the same thing for user names ending with mom, mommy, mum, etc, and got (IIIA) 32.

Did the same thing for the letter "M" (looking for Mom, Mom2, Momma2 Mum2, etc.) as well as similar appendages at the end. The count in my head (IIIA) is 147.

Did the same thing for the dad terms at the end of the "M" list; the count (IIIA) was 13.

Adding all parenthood terms together I got 206.

Of those, 27 were father terms.

Of those, 179 were mother terms.

By this estimate (IIIA), of the registered JL usernames, roughly 10-16% are males.

By this estimate (IIIA), of the registered JL usenames, roughly 84-90% are females.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
You needed to do all that research to discover that?

I would have thought the number of clothes, shoes, menopause, and menstrual threads would have made it obvious.
I believe you started a shoe thread once . . . is Dave short for Davina? :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Bob! We are a minority! We need to file for protection from the majority.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Bob,
Is this what I'll be doing when I retire?:biggrin1:
If it gets to that, I'd suggest something with a large caliber so that you don't just wound yourself. Do the job right.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :shocked:
I'm waiting for the day I log on & someone's started a thread asking how many blades of grass do you have in your lawn. :doh:
Well crap, you know he's out there counting his lawn now.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts