Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - When we last left our story, I had successfully sent off Project A. Project B then came in, and I was miffed at Esteemed Colleague's lack of giddyap at beginning it. As if she were waiting for me to take the reins.

Yesterday, a Project C arrives at our doors. The deadline is fuzzy, and Esteemed wants to push it off (hoping, I suppose, that I can finish Project B AND Project C before I leave, opening to her the oppty to skate through doing cryptograms). Project C is a little off-kilter -- the clients actually wanted a proposal March 12, but they didn't get anything they really wanted, so they sent us a request for proposal, asking for an answer ASAP. They're waiting for us and don't want to delay.

At this point, I'm thinking that a due date of the end of April is unacceptable for Project C.

I take matters into my own hands and go see BossLady.

She prioritizes. I'm to continue w/Project B. Esteemed is to tackle Project C, but BossLady wants it done by the week after Easter, NOT THE END OF THE MONTH.

In my meeting w/Bosslady, I tell her that Esteemed's output seems to have ground to a halt, based on the tasks of getting articles up to the Web site. "It seemed to take her all day yesterday, and I'm not quite sure why," says I.

"Give her the assignment of Project C, with the revised due date," says Bosslady. "And if she's got problems meeting my expecations, she can come and see me herself."

Bye-bye cryptograms!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Excellent Dan! :)

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Esteemed's behavior over the next 2 weeks will be hilariously predictable. Slammed phones. Snapped pencils. She'll TYPE REALLY HARD. And sigh mightily. And shut reference books with a disgusted WHAM!

Already today, before my priortization meeting w/BossLady, I asked about Project C and whether or not it had been printed out, and she said, "Here it is." And she basically threw it on my desk - WAP. I didn't even look up from my screen and just let it lie there. In fact, it's STILL there.....

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
It would be fun to film her temper tantrums. You could show them at the Christmas party or when she grows up. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My e-mail to Esteemed (names changed to protect the innocent):

_________________________________________________Just talked to {BossLady} regarding priorities in the {Proj B} v. {Proj C} deadlines. Her preference is for -

1) You to take the lead on {Proj C}. This should be ready to release to the bank by April 12 or so.

2) I'll continue to lead {Proj B}, with the goal of having as much finished as possible by April 24, the onset of our vacation. You may need to finalize for production on April 26, the day before it's due {for delivery}.

She harrumped: "It's not like I wasn't saying that {Proj C} wasn't going to be done!"

Me: "Yes, well {BossLady} just wants you to know of the separation of duties and the revised timeline. She doesn't want the client waiting 'til the end of April to get their requested info."

EC's chair, being 'adjusted': BANG!

;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts