Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am chugging my way through Project B, as assigned. EC is off today.

She has, as best I can tell, not even touched Project C, which she was assigned by BossLady yesterday.

And now.... I just got word that there's a Project D coming down the pike. Again, due when I'm on vacation.

She's going to drop a brick. Heh-heh-heh.

Call me Mr. Schadenfreude.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knowing her, she'll wah-wah-wah cry to BossLady, get extensions on Projects C and D (extensions that will make their due dates coincide w/my return), shuffle her feet while I'm gone, and dump on me when I get back.

And while I struggle, she'll be on the phone chortling with her friends or online, quoting wacky news stories. Ho-ho!

It's happened before.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Why are they keeping her around Dan?! Sounds like she needs to be sent packing.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BossLady is EXTREMELY hands-off. She keeps TOTALLY to herself, and doesn't know anything at all about what we (or any of her directs) do during the day. Which is how I can spend hrs on end here at JL. Her office is clear on the other side of the floor, she comes in, walks almost DIRECTLY by all of us, nary says a word of hello or goodbye, shutters herself into her office, does whatever, goes to lunch, comes back, does whatever, leaves for the day.

She has been known, in meeting, to give assignments to people who are away on vacation. Last summer, we had a power interruption that knocked us out of work for 2 days -- she called an employee who was out of town at the time. BossLady once complained about the lenghth of time one of her directs was taking on a project, only to find that the person was out on short-term disability for abdominal surgery!! Surgery that SHE AS MGR had to sign for!!

It's amazing.

I once tracked -- literally tracked -- the number of days that would go by before BossLady said something to me 1:1. Anything: Hello. Happy Friday. Eff you. Your pants are on fire. Marry me. Anything. She went 34 days without uttering a single word to me. Not one.

So when EC is working cryptograms and having a grand time on the Internet all day, BossLady sees none of it.

I get my digs in a little at a time, dropping info into conversations with BossLady when the opportunites present (like yesterday). But I'm reluctant to out-and-out whistleblow: 1) I abuse the freedom, too (JL!!!). How can I fault EC without throwing myself under the bus?l and 2) I'm uncomfortable in the role of tattle-tail.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I only have 1 boss who comes to my dept with out a good reason, of course 1, They know I ain't really goofin' off. @. If I am I don't think they want to know about it or what I am doin'. ;D #. They are to busy makin' sure the goof offs are not goofin' off to bother with me.

The one comes up and hangs out sometimes, but I know he's just hidin' for a break from the some of the idiots who work there. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts