Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ernies minder Garry called last night. Garry gets teased about his cooking skills. Baked beans on toast, or steak. He told me he had guests and cooked up an expensive beef roast which he marinaded in wine and herbs, and looked after it like a baby. My mouth was watering listening to him. Yes we all know where this is going.

He took the roast out of the oven, checked the vegetables, looked up and Ernie is on the lawn with the roast trying to cool it down, and eat it at the same time. The sound Garry made imitating Ernie had me in hysterical laughter.

He said he was lucky he had steak so it wasn't a vegetarian meal, but not sure if everyone believed he had cooked a fancy beef roast.

Erns is having trouble using his back leg and I did tell Garry the story how Ernie managed to steal the vets lunch several weeks before. ;D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
;D ;D

You would think that Gary knows Ernie well enough by now to not leave any food even remotely close to where Ernie can get it............apparently not! I hope the guests enjoyed their steaks :D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
If it were me, at this point I'd do a small "Ernie" roast which I took out of the oven first, to distract him from the real roast.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
If it were me, at this point I'd do a small "Ernie" roast which I took out of the oven first, to distract him from the real roast.
Absolutely! Ernie deserves his very own roast!!! That is a great idea! ;D

Missing you, my friend.
Huckle 1/9/1992 - 4/25/2006

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Hey Ernie,

Way to go I tried to snatch the left over Honey-Baked Ham from the table today but they were watching my to close. At least I got a couple of slices with my kibble (and some cheesecake yum). But a whole roast you are my hero.

Your Bud
Cierra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts