Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I took Ernie to the dog park for the very first time. There really aren't many places around here where a dog can run off leash. We found a small dog park in Newport, RI. Nothing fancy just a large fenced off area with a couple of trash cans for debris and a big bowl for water.

Anyway Ernie did a great job. There were a couple of dogs that were a bit aggressive. A little brown dog who got a little out of control when Ernie walked by. She went after him and her owner said "oh she's not the nice one....my other dog (points to another brown and white dog) is friendly. I was just said "well maybe you should only bring the friendly one!" There was a little white dog who just had surgery and was wearing a collar and Ernie went up to her and was smelling her face. She really didn't like that so she quickly set him in his place. After that he was a little nervous and instead of running around with the other dogs he just went and checked out the humans in the park. Everyone loved him though so he got his fill of belly rubs!

I was really disappointed though b/c there was only one other lab in the park when we were there. I was hoping that there would have been a few more--maybe next time! :) I also completely forgot to bring along the camera :mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The mean dog and the one that just had surgery shouldn't have been there.
Glad he had fun though!! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts