Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was doing really behaving today but just went into my bedroom and grabbed one of my thin socks. Should I make him vomit? Wait for it to pass? My husband doesn't believe that he had the sock but I clearly saw it in his mouth and was trying to lure him to drop it with a cookie and then it was gone.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Aidan ate 2 socks....my daughter's ::)...he passed them ok. I would wait and see if they come out in the next few hours. I wouldnt induce vomiting at this point. Wait and see first, if they pass.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I had a Doberman many, many years ago that ate one of my socks on his first day in our house. My mom didn't believe me until she found the "evidence" two days later in the yard. It should pass. Just keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When we first got Shadow, he could not resist a good sock. Once he ate 6 without our knowledge. My husband walked him one morning, and they started coming out one at a time. We were shocked!! We now keep socks out of reach, and have had no issues. We do not know how long it took for those socks to pass, but 6 was incredible. Ernie will probably pass the sock in a couple of days too!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Boomer ate a pair of my footie socks when he was a puppy and pooped them both out just fine. I certainly wouldn't want it to happen again, but they definitely passed through without any problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shadow said:
When we first got Shadow, he could not resist a good sock. Once he ate 6 without our knowledge. My husband walked him one morning, and they started coming out one at a time. We were shocked!! We now keep socks out of reach, and have had no issues. We do not know how long it took for those socks to pass, but 6 was incredible. Ernie will probably pass the sock in a couple of days too!
Thanks, now you've given me a visual that I just can.t get out of my head. Similar to those handkerchiefs that clowns pull out of thier pants and just keep coming. ::)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still no sock to be seen but he is acting normal--eating fine, good energy level, passing poops. We will just keep a good eye on him for the next couple of days. Thanks for the reassurance!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
When Sammi was 7 months she ate a sock and a "thong", no that would not be one you wear on your foot, it was DD's! 5 days later luckily both "passed", hubs was a bit horrified, since I was working and asked him to do poop patrol and keep an eye out for a sock and a thong! Little did he know that it was his sweet littles girls "thong" :eek:- Seriously think it changed him mentally! ;D- Hope all comes out nicely for you!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy to report that I went to let Ernie out of the crate this morning and all I could smell was something disgustingly foul. Well right under his favorite toy was a very smelly sock. He must have thrown up at some point after going to bed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a sock eater too. She is very fast about. She always throws them up. But if I catch her I do induce vomiting I do not want to take a chance on it becoming a problem. We have actually gone 3 months with no eaten socks.

I am glad the Ernie throw up the sock and is ok.

She have never tried to re-eat a sock. I guess it is not as appealing the second time.

Dayna

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm glad Ernie threw up the sock :) Bunny is a sock eater too, but at least she chews them up before swallowing them. So far she has eaten 1/2 a thong and about 3 socks in between pieces of one and another.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Similar to those handkerchiefs that clowns pull out of thier pants and just keep coming.
Since when did they start pulling them out of their pants? LOL!!!!!!!!!! I've only seen them out of their mouths. ;D ;D ;D

Glad he threw it up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts