Just Labradors banner

English Labs

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  johnrock 
#1 ·
I have a 7 month old White English Lab. We have had 2 american labs before and they were full of energy. This pup could not be more different. To follow is some info on how he is. I am wondering if this is normal:

• Sleeps and pretty lazy most of the time
  • Isn’t very excited to see us or anyone really. Walks over quickly to say hi if we encourage him but then goes and lays down.
  • Does not retrieve anything and will only really play with toys tied on a stick that we run around with.
  • We have gone to the lake a couple of times but he has no interest in going in the water (doesn’t like his tiny pool at home either). Perhaps he is just too young.
  • Still goes up the stairs like a really young pup would (very slow and step by step) – does not run up like my other labs did.
  • He still cannot get up onto a higher surface such as a couch by himself – won’t jump up like most dogs would. Will put his front paws up and then waits to be lifted.
  • Everyone who meets him cannot believe how chill he is and asks why he is not like a normal pup.
He eats 2 cups of food a day and seems healthy but why is he so chill?

Thanks for your thoughts : )

See less See more
#2 ·
you have provided a knowledgeable post about the English lab.
sleeps a lot and is generally quite sluggish.
isn't very thrilled to see us, or really anyone. If we encourage him, he swiftly approaches to say hello but then retreats and lies down.
Doesn't search for anything and only truly plays with the toys that are tied to a pole and carried around by us.
We've been to the lake a few times, but he never wants to get in the water (and he also doesn't enjoy his little pool at home). He might simply be too young.
Does not sprint up the stairs as my other labs did; instead, she still ascends them slowly and steps by step.
He is still unable to ascend to a higher surface. If you need an assignment then I suggest that you should contact the best essay writers UK service. Which will solve your problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.