Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THURS NIGHT UPDATE FROM ERIC: Called the hospital to check in on him since he's staying overnight. The staff loves him, but they can't get him to stop being so excited. They've given him sedatives every 4 hours and have little effect....that's my pup! This should be a very interesting 10-14 days...

Since I can't update the old thread's title and don't want this stuff to get lost in a reply and hard to find... I'm making a new post. My apologies to anyone who thinks this is excessive.

I just heard from Eric that the vet has elected to keep Ender overnight (he was supposed to go home later today).

"they were definitely strange. Had a lot of fluid and fingerlike connecttions back to the muscle, etc so they had to go pretty deeep. they're keeping him on a fluid drain over night and an IV to prevent buildup but yeah, they definitely said they were strange. Could have been a foreign body, they're not sure
yeah, I have a feeling this could go to $2k
actually, I'm gonna call them now to check if the original estimate is still accurate
he's SO not gonna be happy with me
$1700-1900"

I cut out all my "oh wow"s and "man!" and "poor baby!"s from the conversation.

I am so glad they went in there and those things are out. FINGERLIKE CONNECTIONS INTO MUSCLE? uggg!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
sounds like adhesions but how would he have those unless he had previous surgeries? strange!! glad they are out and prayers for a complete, benign and fast recovery for that sweet boy!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
So strange, Linds!!!!!

Could have been a foreign body,
What does that mean?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Foreign body? Like something that burrowed under his skin? Or from a cut or scratch? How odd. I hope the biopsies show something benign that won't recur.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Hope they can rule out bad stuff quickly.

And you know that we heartily believe that Ender's worth every penny, don't you?

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And you know that we heartily believe that Ender's worth every penny, don't you?
**** right!

I'm just glad #1 that Eric makes plenty of money that the cost is not an issue and #2 he listened to my advice, and kept up with the pet insurance so likely most of this will be covered by them anyways.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Like a splinter or something that does not belong.
I was thrown off by the finger-like attachments. So strange!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm glad they got them out of there. I hope they can figure out what they are/were.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Man oh man oh man, am I gonna have me a half-shaven, grumpy, groggy, beat up pup on my hands tomorrow....ugh. Thank gawds for insurance, but even if he didn't have it, it'd still be worth it. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts, etc. I'll post pics of the poor guy when he gets home.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He'll be OK, Eric. :)

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Good thoughts for Ender.
Hope it's nothing serious and he makes a 100% recovery w/o those "things" recurring.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts