Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told you yesterday about the elderly man who lost his wife then went home and shot himself. Well, here's the story.
During Rosemarie's (his wife) funeral, he kept telling people that he had nothing left to live for. No kids, no siblings, no relatives at all except two step-daughters. These step-daughters loved him dearly and planned on looking after him knowing how devastated he was over his wife's death. Well, he left the funeral dinner at our church when it was over, drove across the street to the funeral home that handled his wife's funeral. There he purchased a plain, wooden coffin, no frills, no service, no memorials, and paid for his wishes. He told them he just wanted to be buried beside his wife. Then he went home and called the step-daughters and asked them to come over in the morning around 9:00. That's when the found him with 3 gun shot wounds.
They rushed him to the hospital, one daughter collapsed and had to be assisted by the hospital but it was shock and stress. She's fine and home. Well, they rushed Tex into surgery and did what they could but the outcome didn't look good. He passed away early this afternoon. So now he will get his wish, he will be reunited with his wife. Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and prayers for this poor man. Rest in peace Tex with your dear Rosemarie.:(

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
My heart goes out to his step-daughters they will both be in my prayers.

May Tex rest in peace and his wish be granted to be reunited with his dear Rosemarie.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
May God bring Tex into Heaven and allow him to be reunited with his Rosemarie. Prayers of comfort and peace for the two daughters; losing their mother and step-father like that is heartbreaking.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Man - the more I think of this the more upsetting it is. Why in the world did the funeral home salesman not alert a family member or even the cops? Shouldn't him doing what he did (paying for his own funeral arrangements immediately after his wife's funeral) send up all kinds of red flags about his mental state?

He should have been put on a 72 hour hold in a psych hospital. Maybe he could have been helped.

This kind of traumatic experience will leave a lasting mark on his stepdaughters.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
The sadness he must of felt! I hope someday his stepdaughters can understand this and it brings them some sort of peace:(:(

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Man - the more I think of this the more upsetting it is. Why in the world did the funeral home salesman not alert a family member or even the cops? Shouldn't him doing what he did (paying for his own funeral arrangements immediately after his wife's funeral) send up all kinds of red flags about his mental state?

He should have been put on a 72 hour hold in a psych hospital. Maybe he could have been helped.

This kind of traumatic experience will leave a lasting mark on his stepdaughters.

Money?

I am so sorry...very sad.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
It's what he wanted, gotta give him that.

R.I.P. Tex & Rosemarie.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
....although now that I think about it, it wasn't very nice of him to setup his stepdaughters to find him in the morning. How traumatic for them. :(

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
How unbelievably sad. Continued prayers for his step-daughters, what a horrible thing to have to go through.

R.I.P. Tex and Rosemarie

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

You have to remember, he was the last of his line. No relatives other than the step daughters. No one knew he was that bad off, and no one thought he would ever dream of doing this. The funeral director that dealt with him was shocked and very upset and feels like he missed something. His going over after his wife's funeral was to take care of business so the step daughters didn't have to fuss over him when his time came is what he told the director. To make it easier on them since they had such a rough time with losing their mother. He gave no indication other than being sad, that he was planning suicide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts