Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have called my therapist to get an appointment, but I would like to know if anyone else has dealt with this.

Since everything with Loren exploded in my face over the past year, I have pushed everyone that cared/cares about me AWAY.

Even with new friendships, once I begin to feel close, I turn my back and close the door on them. (male or female)

WTH is wrong with me?

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
It's a defense mechanism to keep yourself from being hurt again. I imagine that it will pass with time. You're healing now, so hopefully people will understand.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Even with new friendships, once I begin to feel close, I turn my back and close the door on them. (male or female)
I agree with Cam. I've done that my entire life, I chalk it up to being molested as a child.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh... the hurt thing makes complete sense. You know, even when I found K with his hand in the cookie jar... Ummm... I was relatively indifferent. I think a normal person would have had a different reaction.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Self preservation gets my vote too - you're hurt and dealing with that...not to mention not having time or energy to deal with any needs from new friends. Hugs.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I too think you're protecting yourself, Shanna. I would think it would ease with time and learning to trust people again.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Yeh... the hurt thing makes complete sense. You know, even when I found K with his hand in the cookie jar... Ummm... I was relatively indifferent. I think a normal person would have had a different reaction.
Or relieved... Sometimes when things are shitty for a long time you wait....no hope... the other screws up so you can move on with a concrete reason. I think that makes you normal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts