Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though Emilu's collar didn't smell itself, I took it off of her just in case. She seems to smell better already! I don't think it's the collar that stinks, but I thinnk that it holds smell and moisture against her neck, makes her smell. I still don't know why it seemed to go away and then come back all of a sudden, but I think I'll be looking at a different collar, and only putting this one on when we go out.

Thinking of trying this one - http://www.spiffydog.com/product.php?productid=16207

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Those look great! Dublindog.com makes a rubber collar for dogs who are in the water a lot, but the collar you posted looks nice and airy.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh good! That's a relief! We have ollydog collars for swimming, and they are supposed to resist smells. The boys only wear collars for going out, so I've never had an opportunity to put that to the test, but maybe those or the dublindogs are worth checking out. Glad you figured it out!

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Interesting.. I wonder if they are just holding enough moisture/stink to make a difference. I don't put collars on the dogs unless we are going out, but by the number of collars I have you would think otherwise..! ;) I have an addiction.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
We used to use the green waterproof John Deere hunting collars from rural king that were coated before I got the Dublin dog collars. I dont think I could ever go back to a regular collar after having the Dublin dogs! Glad you found the problem.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just looked up the Dublin Collars (had never heard of them) and found that they aren't big enough for my guys. Their large goes up to 21 inches and mine take the 25 inch collars - darn!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts