Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just lookin for some advice. Copper my five year old chocolate labbie had a mast cell tumor two years ago, i noticed a lump near his elbow but it seems to be very hard almost like a callus and i know with the mast cell tumor's they tend to disappear and reappear daily. This has not changed in size really and is very very hard and dry and cracking.... anyone have any advice... thanks.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
It does sound like a callous, but without seeing it I can't be sure. Given Copper's history, if you aren't sure what it is, it wouldn't hurt to have the vet look at it. If it is a callous, Bag Balm works pretty good at softening the skin back up.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Callus's on the elbows is pretty common in labs and are just like you described just rough hard craked looking skin. With his history for the tumor it wouldn't hurt to have the vet check it out if your worried though.

J

·
0 Posts
copptob said:
Hello, just lookin for some advice. Copper my five year old chocolate labbie had a mast cell tumor two years ago, i noticed a lump near his elbow but it seems to be very hard almost like a callus and i know with the mast cell tumor's they tend to disappear and reappear daily. This has not changed in size really and is very very hard and dry and cracking.... anyone have any advice... thanks.

Does it look like this?

Dales had this callus for a while, its gotten more 'callus-sie' as hes gotten older. The doctor looked at it and gave me some cream. His other elbow is covered with hair, so I think when he lays, he just favors the left side.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks so much for getting back to me, it doesn't really look like that picture. It is a lump a soft lump with very hard cracking skin on it.. right near the elbow.

J

·
0 Posts
copptob said:
thanks so much for getting back to me, it doesn't really look like that picture. It is a lump a soft lump with very hard cracking skin on it.. right near the elbow.

Id take him to a vet then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts