Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's warmer elsewhere, but we have a heat index of 97 (36C). My gosh, I flinch and I'm wringing wet. I hate winter, but I hate this crap too.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I can't handle the heat, either. I wish it would stay in the 70's all summer. :)
This hair of mine doesn't help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I know it's warmer elsewhere, but we have a heat index of 97 (36C). My gosh, I flinch and I'm wringing wet. I hate winter, but I hate this crap too.
Moved to MN to escape the heat. I can dress for the cold. This is crap. Its MN? **** it! Not supposed to be in the 90s.

HK is going to tell me that I can stand under a tree while she chases down the balls that will be thrown at the dog park this afternoon. She is not about to give up the dog park. If I can take her and20 below, she thinks I should take her at 100 above.

Might have to bring some of that ice water for ME.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
105 with heat index here. we need rain so bad!!!

at 6 last night it was still 101...this morning at 7 it was 81. ginger doesn't even want to go out and play. there will be hurricanes galore if this keeps up.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
830 here. Finally feels like summer. We've had quite a run -- a number of WEEKS of solid rain and cool temps. I'm actually liking this, but I can sympayhize w/the rest of you who are roasting!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This heat is miserable. At least in TX, we're used to it, but in Michigan, I can only imagine the fun you're having. For Austin, today makes day 12 of triple-digit heat, and we had a record high of 105 yesterday. It's supposed to get that hot again today, breaking another record. Heat index is 112. The dogs and I are staying in the A/C!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Nope. I'm in San Diego.
Linny! What part of San Diego are you now? My sister is in Carlsbad, she loves it there! Been there about a year, said the weather is always in the
70's and perfect. :)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
It's about 92 degrees here and my poor husband has been working in this awful heat all week. He comes home soaked and whooped! This weather takes more out of him than the cold. I send him to work everyday with a water cooler and 3 gals of cold water. It comes home empty. Between him and his helper they drain it dry. Poor guy, I don't know how he does it.
(Thank you sweetheart for working so hard)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The humidex here is horrible...I won't go outside with the kiddos (or the furkid) in the afternoon because we have virtually no shade in the backyard. Plus there are tornado warnings very close to our area now..........waiting on that thunderstorm!!!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Been in the upper 90's with over 100 on the heat index here.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Welcome to my world. Add 100% humidity to that. That's how it is here all summer long.

That's why I have a pool.

Although by July the water temp in the pool is in the high 90's and it's not very refreshing anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.