Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG, Ginger is too freaking adorable, but **** she's got some stinky ass breath! I checked her mouth to see if she had some kind of obvious dental issue, but nothing I could see.

I've even brushed her teeth & lordy she still has awful breath. Any idea what it could be? She is eating Hill's Science Diet Lamb & Rice dry puppy food. I've been adding some green beans since she seemed like she was always starving. She gets crunchy treats, so I don't think it is soft food sticking to her teeth.

Any ideas or suggestions what it might be.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is she? If she is teething, she will have the "funk" breath until she has all of her adult teeth.
Yes, little Miss is getting her grown up teeth. In fact many of her grown-up teeth are in, just waiting for the baby teeth to come out. I checked this morning & one lower fang is on the verge of coming out.

Hopefully that is it, cause like I said, her breath is awful. I swear it could peel wallpaper if she breathed on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't know how old she is but watch the double teeth (adult teeth with baby teeth still in) if the baby teeth don't fall out...they may have to be pulled. Hopefully she will work them all out on her own.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is around 6 months old. About what age should the baby teeth be gone? Like I said, a lower fang is loose, but I would have to check on her other teeth.

If need be I will make the rescue she is listed with aware of this.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Both Toby and Chamois had absolutely poison breath when they were teething. And Chamois had one baby tooth that hung on too long and required pulling.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Check her ears really well too....when Pork chop has a yeast infection in one of his ears, his breath is terrible!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Miss Ginger lost two (2) teefies yesterday.

I found one on the living room carpet last night & the second was that lower fang. I was looking in her mouth & the lower fang was sideways, I grabbed it with a tissue & took it out.

I noticed it was very dark in color, I wonder if it was infected somehow & that was contributing to her funk breath. Have not gotten close enough this morning to determine the funk breath has gotten any better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts