Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I feel like Alec Baldwin.

Darwin has been on Paddy's teeth nonstop today. I just swatted Dar on the rump and told him to KNOCK IT THE BLOODY HELL OFF!

I'm going straight to hell. Or prison. Or at least to a flaming message board.

Please do not call the SPCA to report me. Dar gets to sleep under the blankets with me at night and I am so selfish I don't want to lose that right.

8)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Yup, dog murderer right here. We are gunna have to take you away now. cuz you are such a horrible dog parent. What are you thinking! Do you know how inhumane it is to snuggle with a dog under the covers. Cooties! Hello! ;) ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I just gave Jacob one hell of a scruff shake, so it sounds like we are both in the dog house. *heh*

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Awww Nance, don't feel bad. Obviously, Dar was pushing the buck with Paddy or you wouldn't have intervened. I have to remind the Abzillza of her manners from time to time cause Yeller just puts up with it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
No flaming from this corner. Everyone has their bad days- including the dogs. Some days Larry's an angel, and others he sprouts horns, a forked tail, and carries a pitchfork.

Wait...maybe that's me. ;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Don't feel too bad Nance. We all do it. I have smacked Abby on the rump when she would not quite chewing on Molly's leg like a chicken bone. Molly never puts her in her place...that's the trouble.

Besides...Paddy probably had enough of the dentist!! :)

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
We've all done it at one time or another. I'm just glad no one has ever taped me and released the tape to the media.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Don't feel too bad. Bodie got a swat on the behind the other day from my SU. He ran out of the front door, ACROSS THE STREET (very bad dog), and jumped (with wet muddy paws) on a guy getting out of his car in dress clothes. Although we were mortified that he jumped on the guy, it was a stranger, and we were most worried that he ran across the street. ::) So I won't flame you if you don't flame us. ;D

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Zoe is still humping Sandi........so I did the Ceasar Milan........Tsssssst.........it worked for now. Sandi is old.....and doesn't fight back like she use too. I need Ceasar Milan.........Zoe is one handful........but I love her anyway.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
This takes an explanation so bare with me.

Every time Cinnamon does some thing that Cierra cannot do because of her size Ciera will climb up on Cinnamon's back almost like she is trying to mount her without the humping. We think it is Cierra's way of feeling she is part of the play. This evening my uncle was out throwing the ball or them and it went under the orange tree. Well we have a 3 foot high fence around it as Cinnamon had been digging under it. So my uncle is bending over to retrieve the ball and is working hard as it is quite a ways in and Cierra decides to climb up on Ray's back like she does Cinnamon's. Ray falls into the fence because he starts laughing so hard, Cinnamon is there barking her head off like she does when Cierra jumps this fence and my SIL is over trying to help Ray up. Cierra procedes to try again to get up on Ray's back. Needless to say she got whacked on the rear also and told to get down. So I think it is something in the air with the dogs today doing things they are not suposse to.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Unnhhhh...must be the moon or something. :-\ I'm over here feeling terrible myself. Bought Boomer a new toy today and he has been obsessing over it for the last 3 hours. It's gotten so wet and soggy and he keeps putting it on my feet and legs. I kept telling him NO and he kept doing it, so I finally yelled at him and kicked the toy out of his mouth. :-[ :-[ :-[ He gave me this really startled look and sat really still.

He's forgiven me since, but I still feel terrible.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Don't feel bad I was being dragged around the yard by Dakota. When he gets over excited he grabs his leash in his mouth and pulls. Making it really hard to hang on to him and Zoey. I went to step on the leash and he moved just as I did it. I kicked him in the head. I was mad whan I did it which made it so much worse. I was not trying to kick him I was going for leash I felt like such a monster. I did not hurt him not even his feelings he forgave me right away.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Well, it really must be something in the air. We had a run-in this week too. :(

We were at Rally practice last night. I had not previously walked the course, and Angus and I were about halfway through when he just beelined away from me (he was off-leash...he has to be off-leash now in Advanced).

I was like, "WTH?" :eek: He never does that! Especially when he knows I'm holding (hot dogs).

Ahhh, then I saw: He had beelined to the offset Figure Eight, which was loaded with two fresh Puperoni sticks.

Well, I'm sorry, but this just cannot happen in the ring. Not to mention that one of my biggest peeves with him is his honking down everything in sight.

I went over and stood above him, grabbed his cheeks, and put my face in his. All I said was, in a really low, growly voice, "Nooooo."

Poor Angus. His eyes got huge. I felt terrible instantly. Man, I hate getting that look. I really didn't expect it to affect him like that. I was just trying to make a point. :-\

But you know, the next time we walked past those bowls he didn't even look at them.

He has long since forgotten all about this incident, I'm sure. But I do hope it comes back to him if we see food bowls in the ring!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
...no comment...I only came in because I loved your word

Eeeep

There you are, and here I am...worlds apart, it seems, and we use the same word. eeep. LOL

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
sorry cant participate...havent abused the dogs this week...the kids either.
DH? now, that's a diff story :D but i wont hijack

1 - 16 of 16 Posts