Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I turn 50 this year. With a layoff pending and the University saying medical coverage will change next year I am taking the big leap.....

I have never had a complete physical in my life...just enough to get birth control back in the days when I....well....you know. So I made an appointment to get a medical exam on the 26th. YIKES!

I know I shod make a list of the things I know are wrong, so I do not forget or gloss over them. Anything else? Are people going to actually touch me? :eek:

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Woo hoo 50:) good going!!

Not sure if anyone is going to put their hands on you :p but glad you are keeping your health a top priority!!!

I am sure they will mention several tests they want you to have.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
LOL. I've had a million "physicals." Most were yearly for sports and then I had one w/ a pee test before I started working at one of the offices I worked at.

Basically they just asked me a bunch of questions, made me touch my toes, bend my knee this way, took blood pressure, etc. Not too horrible! ;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Make a list of any and every question you have - because you will forget 90% of them when you get in there. If they suggest a colonoscopy - get it!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I feel the same way! I haven't had a physical in 10 years, and I have the same fear of being touched :eek:! I know I should do it, but it really freaks me out! Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts