Just Labradors banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
But there's nothing -- NOTHING -- like the NJ Shore. Once it gets in your blood (and I've been going since I was a toddler), it hangs in there and won't let go.
You aren't kidding!! I remember being 2ish at a house in Manasquan with my family.

*sigh*

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have no idea, Pam! I think we can just turn the water source off. I'll have to ask my Dad what he did at the shorehouse.

Good point!!

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I agree, outdoor showers are wonderful! To be able to have one at home is even better!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Anyone can have one! We spent $100 on materials at Home Depot yesterday. We didn't get the faucet stuff yet though.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh, man!!! I LOOOOOVEE an outdoor shower. And I pity anyone who'se never enjoyed this simple life's pleasure. I think it has to do with the lack of the steamy/mucky/humidity that builds up in an indoor bathroom. Outside, you get the warmth of the water but none of that closed-in goopy feeling afterward.

Maybe it's a SHORE-thing, Amy. Wandering back from the beach, salty and tan. Thinking of a cold beer and a hot dish of shrimp. That smell of soap and Coppertone combined....

Ah.
Ahhhhh this is something I have never done. It sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yes Kim, it excites me! Have you ever taken a shower outside? It's exhilirating! Spending every summer at my Aunt & Uncles shorehouse, I showered in their outdoor shower everyday. Then when my Dad had the house on the beach, we had the outdoor shower there, too. There's just something about it......

I don't live in the middle of the woods, just woods behind the house. :)

BLISS!!! That woudl be my dream come true...there is NOTHING like an outdoor shower at the beach when the water temp is perfect....sigh....ENJOY!!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I see many outdoor showers, followed by indoor playtime, in Amy and Paul's futures ... lucky girl! ;)
Exactly what I was thinking. LOL

Anyone can have one! We spent $100 on materials at Home Depot yesterday. We didn't get the faucet stuff yet though.
I bet that'll cost as much as the materials, if not more, Amy. Those things are expensive! Enjoy your new shower- it sounds like a blast! :)

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm so jealous! I actually save magazine pictures of outdoor showers and dream about getting one. I think it's a shore thing too. My in-laws had an outdoor shower at their house on CapeCod.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I bet that'll cost as much as the materials, if not more, Amy. Those things are expensive!
No kidding! Paul's best friend is the plumber (like I said) and he'll get them at the plumbing supply place for cheap! :D

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Sounds exciting.

I would be too freaked about spiders making homes somewhere in there and finding it when I was butt naked and having to run back to the house embarassing myself in front of neighbors. lol

21 - 31 of 31 Posts