Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....an outdoor shower! I'm so excited! :D Paul started building it yesterday and it's turning out so nice. Just like one that you would see down the shore. It's got ironwood for the floor, and we're going to put in one of those giant showerheads. It's situated at the back of the house, which is totally private, with 50 foot stalks of bamboo overhead.
:D :D :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
How wonderful!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
ummm...ok...I must be missing something here. This excites you why? Don't you live in the middle of the woods?

And where are the pictures? :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes Kim, it excites me! Have you ever taken a shower outside? It's exhilirating! Spending every summer at my Aunt & Uncles shorehouse, I showered in their outdoor shower everyday. Then when my Dad had the house on the beach, we had the outdoor shower there, too. There's just something about it......

I don't live in the middle of the woods, just woods behind the house. :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
cool!

I took a shower outside yesterday when we came off the beach, I must agree it's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
LOL...Something I'll have to add to my "bucket list". The closest to showering outside I've done is being sprayed with a hose. :) I could see it tho on a nice sunny day.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course it will have hot water!! LOL Thankfully, my husbans best friend is a plumber so they trade off work. :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Good for you! I have an outside shower too that we got from Cabela's, only no hot water. It feels so good on a hot summer day.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and bonus! I can toss Macy in there when she's all muddy from the creek. :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Oh, man!!! I LOOOOOVEE an outdoor shower. And I pity anyone who'se never enjoyed this simple life's pleasure. I think it has to do with the lack of the steamy/mucky/humidity that builds up in an indoor bathroom. Outside, you get the warmth of the water but none of that closed-in goopy feeling afterward.

Maybe it's a SHORE-thing, Amy. Wandering back from the beach, salty and tan. Thinking of a cold beer and a hot dish of shrimp. That smell of soap and Coppertone combined....

Ah.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe it's a SHORE-thing, Amy. Wandering back from the beach, salty and tan. Thinking of a cold beer and a hot dish of shrimp. That smell of soap and Coppertone combined....

Ah.
Hot ****. I miss the beach, we didn't do our May trip this year. I can smell it.... :(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I see many outdoor showers, followed by indoor playtime, in Amy and Paul's futures ... lucky girl! ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL Jackie!!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We're going 2x this summer: July 04 wknd w/friends. And a wk in Aug. It won't be enough......

Funny -- We thought SERIOUSLY about buying into the Disney Vacation Club, using a portion of the proceeds from both mothers' estates. We lurve Disney and never tire of it. But when we discussed the possibility w/the kids, their response was all the same: "On the years we go to Disney, will we also be able to go to the Shore?"

"Sadly, no. Can't get sufficient time off/can't find sufficient wiggle room in the budgets for both."

"Then we don't want DVC."

So be it. It is the most illogical thing ever -- for what we spend to go there for a week, we could travel to somewhere exotic. We could do the beaches of Mexico, the Caribbean, SFlorida. But there's nothing -- NOTHING -- like the NJ Shore. Once it gets in your blood (and I've been going since I was a toddler), it hangs in there and won't let go.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts