Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday's cartoon "Get Fuzzy" was a hoot. The dog in the cartoon, Satchel, was told that tennis balls were not food. He replied "But they taste so good and they come in a Pringles can." I almost fell off the sofa laughing at that one. Freckles, if given the chance, also thinks tennis balls are part of his diet.
I am real careful not to leave him alone with one but he knows where I keep that "Pringles" can and will sometimes sit and stare up at that cabinet. ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
We learned our lesson the hard the way about tennis balls. This happened about 5 years ago. My dog Boomer loves tennis balls, but what lab doesn't. Anyway they were all over outside and inside and we really did not think to much about. Then oneday Boomer started throwing up and not acting right. So we took him into the vets office. They did x-rays and it showed he had a blockage. He had eaten the cover of tennis ball and it had gotten stuck. Luckily, he was all right but my bank account was $800 lighter. Since that experience we still let the dogs play with a tennis ball but only when we are playing with them and then they are put up where the dogs can not get them. Hard and expensive lesson learned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.