Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife just called me really upset saying that she just caught Denali outside eating his poop? We have never ever seen him do this before. Why is he doing this?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it just happens one day with out any rythm or reason? He will turn a year old saturday and as I said we have never seen him doing this before today. I do have to admit since its been snowing and really cold up here in the northeast I havent gone out and picked up as much as I should...so looks like Iam diging out the poop shovel tonight instead of the snow shovel.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
My kids seem to prefer the poopsicles as opposed to the hot lunch program right from their butts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
csully said:
So it just happens one day with out any rythm or reason? He will turn a year old saturday and as I said we have never seen him doing this before today. I do have to admit since its been snowing and really cold up here in the northeast I havent gone out and picked up as much as I should...so looks like Iam diging out the poop shovel tonight instead of the snow shovel.
Yep, for Rocky it was completely out of the blue. At the age of THREE! Urg. I was happy with my non-poop eating dog (as I had heard many stories) and I must have tempted fate because one day wham - he eats poop. It's been non-stop since then.

I don't have a yard so I'm limited to public spaces so it's an uphill battle. I can't even take a nature walk in the wooded trails cuz people let their dog offleash and don't pick up cuz "its' the bush" which just means it's more fun for Rocky.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
I dunno why they do it.. Luckily Abbey doesn't.. but she does like cat poop. :vomit:
This is Milly too Justine! But after reading Tanya's post about Rocky..... :scare: I hope Milly isn't a doggy poop eater in a few years.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
HK did it as a pup and was driving me nuts. Then we went on the 'Leave IT' training scenario, lots of treats in my pockets, and we conquered it. Well, kind of. Occassionally at one of the dog parks we run across some horse droppings. She can't resist that stuff, and she isn't the only one.

Finally happened to run into the lady with the horse. Of course, she was yelling at us to keep the dogs away from her horse. About 4 of us had a rather pointed and unpleasnat conversation with her about it being a dog park, and the horse area was on the other side of the road and much larger. She really didn't give a ****, and then her horse dropped a load. That is when we told her that we pick up after the dogs in the dog park and we weren't going to let her leave until she picked up after the horse. We even had bags for her. Well, it wasn't pleasant, but we prevailed and we haven't had horse poop in the park since. Sorry, for the hijack. The story came to me and I couldn't resist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.