Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some old threads here, I bought an Easy Walk Harness this weekend. It's a godsend. With the Easy Walk, she stood patiently while I did a ton of adjusting (we're still working on getting the fit right), responded quickly and positively to the pull when she hit the end of the leash. And, best of all, my arm doesn't feel as though it was being pulled out of the socket!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Aren't they great?? I use a Sense-ation harness on Henry, and it helped make our walks soo much more enjoyable! :D

G

·
I have been using one for the past week myself, and I am suprised how much difference it has made. Now most of the time during our walk murphy is right by my side, not even pulling. Of course he still gets distracted here and there, but the improvments so far are amazing. After seeing a prong collar, I didnt really want anything to do with that. Maybe for some dogs it is the only way. Anyways I agree. +1 for the easy walk harness.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
JackieG said:
....I did a ton of adjusting (we're still working on getting the fit right)....
Yes, I think it took me a week or two to be satisfied with the adjustments -- but the Easy Walk is a great product, I agree.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
I recently got easy walk harnesses for M&J and agree that they are very good, but my girls walk well with any kind of collar/harness 99.5% of the time. I can voice command to avoid squirrels, cats, dogs, people, and most distractions. However, if there is a distraction they REALLY want to see, the harness does not control like a prong collar. (I walk them at the same time and either one is much stronger than me.)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was going to make this same post today. We got the harness at Shelby's puppy class this weekend. I literally almost cried at how much better she was with this harness. I love it love it love it!!!!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
We bought one a week ago & have been working on adjusting it with Bailey and just on walks inside & around our backyard (want to walk without any distractions first & then on a regular walk). So great to hear other's are having great experience with it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still loving this. We still stop/start constantly, as I'm trying to teach Piper not to pull so that eventually we can go back to the flat collar (not as big of a "production" to adjust and put on). But this helps me teach without hurting me!

We tried the Gentle Leader, but that was a disaster for us. I was afraid that Piper would seriously hurt herself trying so desperately to get it off. And a prong collar seems a bit much for a five month old puppy, even if I did think I could figure out how to use one correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts