Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to bring dessert to Easter dinner. This is amazing, because I ALWAYS bring a salad of some sorts. Now I'm out of my element...desserts are not my forte!

Any ideas? Something spring-ish?

Would cheesecake be good? Something with fruit? I need ideas.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm making the 'Angel Lush with Pineapple' to share at our Easter dinner... it's really SOOOOO easy, no baking, and always a favorite. You can also cut the angel food cake in chunks and make this a scoop-able dessert by layering it in a big glass bowl. Here is the recipe from the Kraft website:

Angel Lush with Pineapple

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 10 servings

1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 pkg. (10 oz.) round angel food cake
10 small fresh strawberries

MIX dry pudding mix and pineapple with its juice in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Let stand 5 min. until thickened.
CUT cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut-side up, on serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture. Cover with middle cake layer and additional 1 cup of the remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer; spread top with the remaining pudding mixture.
REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
We usually have someone make a coconut cake... they put little clusters of jelly beans on it. Very cute and very good too :)

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Lemon merangue pie? How 'bout a fruit flan? Both can be had at a good bakery.

I wonder if a ham covered in pinapple rings and candied cherries would count as a dessert?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts