Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm skeered. I need a boost of bravery. I'm meeting with the Director of HR and my Director at noon and I will be getting my official written notice.
EAK!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh - Oops!

This is the official notice they are letting me go. The severance package will be in this.

Meanwhile, I went to a public seminar last night sponsored by a department here that I have applied for a position at, and I introduced myself to the Director. Hope that I didn't come across as an annoying keener, lol.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
hugs and bravery boost vibes from me, jo!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Good luck, Jo. I hope they do right by you and give you the severance package you deserve. I also hope something even better comes along very soon. Hang tough, girl. let us know what happens.

((HUGS))

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what - if the severance package is GOOD, I'll be NOT wanting that job here. lol.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
You know what - if the severance package is GOOD, I'll be NOT wanting that job here. lol.
That's right! You can take the time to find something you really want, instead of taking whatever comes along.

I will admit I have a selfish vested interest in all this...puppy playdates!!!!!!! =D

And shopping, and lunches at Hamachi... GO, BIG SEVERANCE PACKAGE, GO!!!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's right! You can take the time to find something you really want, instead of taking whatever comes along.

I will admit I have a selfish vested interest in all this...puppy playdates!!!!!!! =D

And shopping, and lunches at Hamachi... GO, BIG SEVERANCE PACKAGE GO!!!
I REALLY doubt it will be good. It would not be consistent with recent behavior from HR!

Hey - I'll go for lunches at Hamachi now - its only a block from my office!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rock your ****, jo! (i have no idea what that means)
Bah! That's what I'll do if they only offer me a week a year, lol.

At least I look really good today, I have on my ass kicking high boots and a cute skirt and sweater. Maybe I'll tell them, unlike you I may be unemployed, but I'm still hawt! :p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Good luck. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to the exit meeting. You'll be hearing things that are really important, not only about severnce but also insurance if you get that thru your employer.

Take notes.

TAKE SAMPLES OF ANY/ALL WORK YOU'VE DONE.

Take business cards from sr mgrs who can attest to your wonderfulness in the workplace.

Take copies of your performane reviews that can attest to your wonderfulness in the workplace.

In the quiet of the next couple of days/weeks, take the time to use your e-mail etc to LET EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU KNOW KNOW THAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR WORK. Jobs often come thru the grapevine, not normal channels.

Check out any professional organization representing your career. Do they have an online job board? Networking opptys? Meet-n-greets? Sign up and get out there.

I am really sorry this has happened to you. With any luck, you won't be out of luck for long.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts