Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E-mail to my Vet *UPDATE* Friday Morning

Just sent this a few moments ago. Ya spose he'll understand the size by my description?

===============================================================
Re: Cappy's Incision

"Hi Dr. Lawrence ...

Below are pics of Cappy's incision

1) following surgery,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/Feb 2010 Forward/100_3852-8.jpg

2) several days later when the area became discolored and bruised as we discussed previously,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/Feb 2010 Forward/100_3880-8.jpg

and 3-4) a few minutes ago.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...0 Forward/?action=view&current=100_3911-8.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...0 Forward/?action=view&current=100_3912-8.jpg

I wanted to show you the swelling at the bottom sides of the incision that's just developed since last night. Feels almost like small balloons filled with fluid, maybe even 32-Bs, if memory serves me correctly. ;)

There's no heat or discoloration in it but the sudden swelling caused me to want to bring it to your attention. We are scheduled to see you or David Monday morning around 11 am for suture removal. If I don't hear back we'll just let it go until Monday unless it significantly changes.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reply just received ...
===========================================================================================

"Looks like a collection of serum (seroma) If it is not getting larger we can wait till Monday. If you think it is getting larger call in the morning.
(More like 30As if you ask me)"

Ken Lawrence DVM

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I don't know what the heck you are talking about (so you're lucky I'm not your vet!), but you two are funny. :)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
When I looked at the picture I thought exactly as the vet. Tank had this happen with both his TPLO incisions. One had to be drained a couple times before it went away. Warm compresses and very light massage seemed to help it go down. His incision looks very good.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*** UPDATE ***

The swelling is now the size of a softball and I'm waiting for a call back from our vet who was with clients when I called.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*Updated Update* ;)

Doc will see Cappy at 8 in the morning when he gets in. He'll withdraw as much fluid as he reasonably can and then install a drain because the area will refill until the trauma in the interior heals. He thinks Cappy may have torn an internal stitch (or a few) and it needs to drain in order for it to heal. He'll still get his stitches out on Monday and maybe then have the new drain line removed if its stopped running.

Oy.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Can I get a deck of the playing cards with the picture on it? I thought it was a little amusing that they put the picture on various items that you could buy. Not sure anybody would want to play cards with that deck LOL! (and somehow I read "32B's" as something to do with BB's - thought it looked a little big for BB's!)

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
*Updated Update* ;)

Doc will see Cappy at 8 in the morning when he gets in. He'll withdraw as much fluid as he reasonably can and then install a drain because the area will refill until the trauma in the interior heals. He thinks Cappy may have torn an internal stitch (or a few) and it needs to drain in order for it to heal. He'll still get his stitches out on Monday and maybe then have the new drain line removed if its stopped running.

Oy.
Yick, I hate drains. Twice now Rhys has had drains and the first time it was sucked INTO his incision, and we needed another surgery to remove the darn thing.

This week, his drain got plugged up, not pretty.

Hope you have better luck than we do with drains!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I got a good laugh out of that, but tell Cappy it was not at his expense. I hope all goes well!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Poor Cappy ... Why does such a good dawg have to have so many bad things happening all at once?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.