Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took Claire, DW#2, to the audition for that local community theater production of "Fiddler on the Roof," running this summer.

She was really cute. Very excited. Had practiced her song ("A Whole New World" from Aladdin) and wore her dance togs.

I didn't get to watch her audition, as we were separated early on and didn't catch up w/each other until later in the evening.

She made the chorus. Which will be a great introduction to her for this kind of thing. It's her first book-musical. She's done recital-type shows in the past through her dance studio, but never anything with a story arc.

First read-through is next Monday.

And me?

Well....

I'm in it too.

Playing some guy named Tevye!

:D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ok, Mr. Humble, that will be about enough!!! We will want rehearsal updates. Everything. Congratulations to both of you. I hope you enjoy this wonderful experience!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both!! Talk about father-daughter bonding! :D

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First read-through is a week from tonight.

The calendar is going to be an absolute juggle. I'll have to step away from dog class for a while. Wes will miss his pals, but we'll be back after July.

Stopped shaving this morning. Tevye needs a beard.

And get this: Director has asked me already if I'd mind a costume that included some padding. HAH! How ironic is that??

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Ok, Mr. Humble, that will be about enough!!! We will want rehearsal updates. Everything. Congratulations to both of you. I hope you enjoy this wonderful experience!!!
I second BucksMom's comment.

Now, for me you have to give me specifics of the show. When, Where, etc. so I can come see you & DW#2 perform.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Performances are July 33-34. Curtain up at 3AM.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Performances are July 33-34. Curtain up at 3AM.
Okay.... now you are just taking being a smart ass to the extreme!!!!

I am dead serious about wanting to come see you perform. You've always blown off the LabFests as Susans, so I figure if I want to meet Dweck I am gonna have to go to his neck of the woods!

I can find Collegeville, PA... it ain't too hard I tell you.

If you won't tell us, I bet I'd find it by "googling" it!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I can just hear the theatre "insider" conversations going on between the two of you every night after rehearsal. Stuff the rest of the fam won't get, but that's the beauty of insider conversations, isn't it.

"He'll NEVER be off book in time!"
"Wouldn't matter if he was or not! He can't project!"
"Isn't her accent the worst?"
"WHAT accent?!?"
"Dad, wanna go over lines tonight?"
"I'd better. Gotta lotta lines to learn."

DELISH! :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts