Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sod farm across the road from us has been fenced off in sections and now there are at least 30 horses boarding there. I often see a woman about my age riding a paint very much like Labby's, always at a walk, on a path around the pastures. Other than that, we rarely see anyone riding.

Today, a couple of teenagers went by on the path, both sitting very sloppy and careless on their horses, and no helmets on. They no sooner got past us out of sight, when we heard yelling "WHOA! WHOAAA!!" Then both horses go flying past in the opposite direction at full gallop, ears back, and all of the other horses in that pasture are running alongside them. :(

Bill and I took off to see what happened to the kids and where the horses were headed. I stopped a couple of cars coming down the road and warned them about the loose horses, just in case they headed into the road instead of towards the shelters. Then the kids come walking - no, make that sauntering - down the path, chatting to each other. :mad: Umm, hello, are you missing a couple of horses? "Oh yeah. Dunno what happened, we were just talking and all of a sudden they spooked and we were on the ground! They'll stop when they get to the car, our Mom is there."

If you're not going to pay attention when you're on a horse, then don't ride! Especially not next to a busy dirt road!!

Thankfully, all the horses were fine. The ones in the pasture stopped short of the fence and the runaways ran into a storage shelter.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idiots. Too bad they didn't get a broken arm or leg as a lesson. You F$#@ around with a 1500lb + animal, guess who wins?
Exactly! What pissed us off the most is that they acted like they didn't give a **** what happened to the horses. :mad: They sure as hell weren't worried about them. Little assholes.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Next time they land on the ground, it may be on their heads! Think that would make them think?!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Unfortunately, it seems that the ones who are careless and don't give a rat's ass hardly ever get hurt and their horses never seem to get hurt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts