Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Duke is entered in two Big Air Waves this Sunday at a regional competition in Plantersville Texas.
On the weekend of June 26-27 there will be a national sanctioned event here in Houston and Duke is entered in four waves for that event. The way he is jumping I am sure he will earn his National Junior Title after the June event. He only needs one more jump over 10' to earn that title and he is now consistently jumping over 12' with his best so far at 12' 8".
DockDogs sets up divisions so we are not competing with the really long jumpers but only with the dogs that jump between 10 and fifteen feet which is the Junior Division. FYI the current DockDog number one ranking is held by a 7 year old Chessie who jumps an average of 27' 2" and the world record is 28' 10" held by a mixed breed that looks like a cross between a Lab and a Greyhound.
Our goal in the next competition is to clear 13'. When we practice at the dog park Duke is the only dog jumping off the ramp and he loves it. When I first had him jump off the ramp he would return then run off with the bumper indicating to me he was through jumping. Now he runs back to me and eagerly drops it at my feet for another throw.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
He could do like Spud and get some legs toward the Junior title, but then all of a sudden, start making Senior jumps!

We had 2 or 3 legs towards Spud's Junior title last year, and were fully expecting him to get his Junior title at Columbus. But he jumped one Junior jump, and then all Senior jumps. So we had to wait until the next event to complete his Senior title!!

Moral of the story: You never know what they are going to jump....be prepared! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts