Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that I haven't suffered a sunburn this bad since my college days when we would spend a day at the beach thinking that drinking beer was an effective sunscreen.
Saturday 40 dogs were entered into each big air wave. I believe there was only one dog older than Duke in the group.
Duke's first jump was 11' 11" which was his best so far. His second jump was just 10' 2" but it still counted toward his Junior division qualifying. Duke finished sixth in the Junior Division for that wave .
In the second wave Duke's first jump was 12' 4" and his last jump was his best ever at 12' 8". That was good enough to earn him a third place Junior Division ribbon.
The next competition will be here in Houston on June 27th. Now that he has developed some speed off the dock we are going to practice adding some height to his take off for the next competition.

Here's a couple of photos.

First one of Duke proudly showing off his Texas bandanna.

And here he is with his ribbon.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Congratulations! Duke, the bandana and ribbon both look great on you.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good job Duke!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Way to go Duke!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Congrats to both of you!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was he "jazzed up" when he got on the dock with the other dogs jumping too?
I was actually surprised that he wasn't freaked out. They had very loud music aimed directly at the dock and about fifty yards away they were giving monster truck rides and every few minutes that thing would roar. I did manage to get Duke excited and focused on his bumper when we got on the dock for our jumps so I guess he tuned out the distractions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts