Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duke will be 8 years old this fall. He will frequently play a little bitey face when initiated by Freckles but it usually only last a minute or so.
Last weekend at the DockDogs competition we were sitting in the shade between competitions resting. Next to me was a couple with a young but large and gangly black Lab.
All of a sudden I felt Duke tug on his lead and looked to see him front down, butt in the air, asking the other Lab to play. The other Lab gleefully accepted and rolled on his back as Duke feigned an attack then both were on their feet jumping and cavorting like two puppies.
I have never seen Duke play with Freckles in this manner nor has he ever done so with any other dog at the dog park. There was just some unseen mutual attraction between the two.
Just proves just when you think you finally have Lab behavior figured out they throw something new at you.:D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
awww - that sounds SO cute! I bet it put a smile on your face!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
awwww....our old guy will get a case of the "rips" every once in a while too where he wants to play bitey face...I love it... Ooooo and I love "bootie in the air too"...perfect to play butt bongos on...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
My Princess just turned 8 on June 24, I can't think of her as "old".
She still wants to play like a pup but she pays for it later with sore legs. I hate to see this happening to our babies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts