Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ever have one of those days where there is just not enough booze in the world...? UGH! I have had this horrible tension headache going up my neck and into my skull since about 10:00 this morning.

I have TWENTY PROJECTS left that I was technically supposed to get done today (the most I've EVER done in a day is 9 and that happened once - my average is about 4-5). We are SWAMPED at work right now, and my bosses are very understanding, they realize that we don't have enough hours in a day to do all our work. I stayed late and am going in early in the morning.

But on top of that...a project that took me 6 hours to complete today is going to have to be done over because someone is STUPID. I realize we all screw up at times....but there is a particular, inconsiderate person that does this on a regular basis. I think I re-do 50% of my jobs for her because of her utter failure to communicate. This has been addressed multiple times...but it keeps happening. I know it's coming back to me tomorrow. When will these other twenty projects get done you ask? That remains to be seen!

Oh and the printer was jacked up today and my computer was insanely slow. It's like the universe had a conspiracy against me today. Tomorrow will probably be worse because we will be short staffed.

So, I'm having margaritas for dinner. I know margaritas are rather celebratory...I suppose I am celebrating being off of work. I wanted martinis but I didn't have the stuff.

Sorry for the vent. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job, and I really like most of the people I work with, but sometimes working in an office is just too much. Trapped in a building with the same people everyday... *grumble*

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Good luck. I've had days like that. Whatever you do, don't end up with a hangover or tomorrow will be worse than today (speaking from experience).

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Oh man, I hear ya. I hit the red wine as soon as DH came through the door. I'm half in the bag right now! ;D

Here's to the end of $h*tty days! <clink>

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Noone gets enough credit or recognition or praise or thanks for anything they do.
Not at work, not at home, not in the volunteer place.

Why do we continue? Because we have to. And somewhere in between our whines, if we are open to it, we find a bright spot. A self appreciation for what we accomplish. *note to selves...* " I did THAT?!? In the smallest amount of time available to me to do it?!?"

Go YOU, sweetie.

More juice now? ;)

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Sorry your day was so shitty! I hope you get caught up soon, at least your bosses are understanding.

What flavor margarita? On the rocks or blended? Sounds yummy to me!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What flavor margarita? On the rocks or blended? Sounds yummy to me!
Strawberry. Started out blended...but then I got lazy and now it's on the rocks.

My dirty blender is sitting out and I'm not putting it away either. So there. ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sorry about your day

I've definately had a few of those..not quite as brave as you though I normally stick to beer..lol

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
When will these other twenty projects get done you ask? That remains to be seen!
Saturday and Sunday? :-\ Been there, done that.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
UGH! I feel for you. I do, I really do.

If it makes you feel any better, we all have the same problem. I can't tell you how many times I've done something only to have to do it again because someone didn't make things clear. In fact, it is rare that I don't have to at least make edits to some part of a project. Sometimes multiple times. I don't expect any different anymore...I've come to accept it as part of the process. Occupational hazard, I guess. :-\

Hope your day is better today!

T

·
0 Posts
Do you need a partner? Not having a bad day. But hey no one should ever drink alone :) ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts