Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yes, you use the sanding drum. I use it about three seconds on each nail, then start over three more seconds on each nail, and continue until you have the nail ground down. I use a speed setting of 10,000 rpm.

Be sure to acclimate your dog to the drill first.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Yes, the sanding drum. I use the battery powered one. It's not quite as noisy or high-powered. I do one nail at a time until it's done and move on. My dogs don't mind it at all. It's much better than those darn clippers.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! :) And thank you for the tips as well!

I thought this was a special "dog" tool until my dad corrected me (yeah, I am a dunce when it comes to tools). I have tried adn tried and tried to use clippers but cannot - I am too scared to cut the quick (even though Rocky is very relaxed) so the dremmel should be easier on me ;)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I use the #445 sanding drum. Works great. Never, ever use one of the sanding "stones" on them. If the nails are long to start with what I did with Tank is do the front one day and the back the next and alternate them until you get them down to a managable length. Plus they get used to it being done that way rather than waiting a long time between sandings. Even if you just lightly touch on each nail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.