Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your (relatively realistic) dream job/career? I would love to be able to do something that would being me joy and satisfaction (as well as a paycheque) but thusfar in my life, nothing has "lit my fire" so to speak, other than things surrounding my children & family. I think I am just interested in too many things, and the spectrum is broad.

What you would like to be able to do as your career/job that would fulfill you and bring you joy?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I always wanted to work in a medical or dental environment....nursing maybe, assistant, billing...
I love my current job though and hope to stay here until I retire. :happy:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
We recently became grand parents. Our pay is hugs and kisses from a four year old who spends one day a week with us and calls us on the phone after dinner some nights to tell us he loves us. That is a pretty good job to have.

Since retiring I have been doing a lot of writing, teaching at a local college and volunteer work. All very rewarding to me.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Always wanted to be a Vet, till I saw our Country Vet clean out a cow after she gave birth :vomit:

I have always said, when I win the lottery, I will purchase a few hundred acres and create a Labrador Retriever Spa, and rescue.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I will purchase a few hundred acres and create a Labrador Retriever Spa, and rescue.
Awesome. Put that on my list, too. :happy:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I had it in SF.. the job was fun, the people were fun, the travel was fun, the free technology was fun, the friday company-wide buffets which included beer was fun, the living in SF was fun.. and then the bubble burst.. poof.. gone.

But my current job is great.. creative, dynamic and a boss who lets me do my thing and is impressed with my work.. plus pension and benefits.. so i can't complain.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I like my job it would be nice to get to do more layout design and be a little more involved in the projects but I do get to do more than I used to so maybe one day I will get there.

Other than this I'd love to be home more with Aubrey (and future kids) and work part time as a dog walker or something dog related.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I used to think it was the job I have now.

Now, I'd love to become a full time dog trainer, and as said above a few hundred acres with a Labrador spa on it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.