Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how non-judgemental our dogs are.

Picture this, I had bed head, no make-up, my PJ's on an old waterproof jacket and my hiking boots!

On Sunday mornings I like to read the papers, have a leisurely breakfast and generally chill out.

This morning whilst my bacon was grilling I had to go out in the back yard and feed/water and give hay to my guinea pigs, so I donned my jacket and boots to start my task.

The 3 dogs immediately jumped up when the boots came out and started wagging and sticking their cold wet noses down my ears as I bent to tie my laces.

It then occurred to me that despite my bedraggled state those pups couldn't care less and would have still gone out in public with me..bless their hearts, their love really is unconditional......either that or they don't care what I look like just as long as I take them out, but I'll go with option number one~:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dogs see through our looks into the quality of our spirits and the love in our hearts. They see us as "beautiful" because of our inner qualities and not our external qualities.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
They just love you as you are...and that would be the same even if you didn't take them out.

They do our souls good and we should learn some lessons from their ways.

Perhaps we should put a link to this in Odds and Ends to remind us of that when we are all disagreeing with each other.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
How true! When I read this, it reminded me of something my mom showed me in one of Erma Bombeck's books. I cannot remember what her topic was, but she made the comment that she wondered what the dog thought of her as she stepped out of the shower :eek: lol.

Seriously, they do love unconditionally. I think John Grogan expressed it best in Marley and Me:

"He became part of our melded fabric, a tightly woven and inseparable strand in the weave that was us. Just as we had helped shape him into the family pet he would become, he helped to shape us as well - as a couple, as parents, as animal lovers, as adults. Despite everything, all the disappoimtments and unmet expectations, Marley had given us a gift, at once priceless and free. He taught us the art of unqualified love. How to give it, how to accept it. Where there is that, most of the other pieces fall into place."

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
"He became part of our melded fabric, a tightly woven and inseparable strand in the weave that was us. Just as we had helped shape him into the family pet he would become, he helped to shape us as well - as a couple, as parents, as animal lovers, as adults. Despite everything, all the disappoimtments and unmet expectations, Marley had given us a gift, at once priceless and free. He taught us the art of unqualified love. How to give it, how to accept it. Where there is that, most of the other pieces fall into place."
That certainly says it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nope, they don't care at all what you look like. But what you SMELL like is a whole different story - other dog smells make Abbey go nuts!!
That is so true in my home along with treats. LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The best of the many wonderful and amazing qualities of a dog.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts