Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daylight savings time is a comin' this weekend!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm so excited! I need to get some tub off me and my yellow dog. It'll be so nice to come home in the light and have it stay that way for a decent amount of time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Wow! Really? I havent read a paper or watched the news in days. Its like living in a cave.

So Sat night, set clocks an hour ahead. Noted. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I get so sick of the "DST Debate". We just switched to it a few years ago. And every. single. year. when we spring forward/fall back the people that hate it come back out to complain anew.

There's a column in our paper called Let It Out. For a week that's all it will be - DST comments back and forth.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
YAY! I *heart* DST! I really, really do!
Me, too!! It's so much easier when I have 2 hours of light after work rather than half hour, to get in 3 dog walks!!!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I'm one of the haters. Just leave things alone. It stays light here sometimes in the summer until almost 10 at night! The kids don't know when to go in, and the bump, bump, bump of the basketballs at night drives me nuts. Besides, why mess with it, it was fine for all those years.....:mad:
Thank you for letting me vent. I said my piece.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
and the bump, bump, bump of the basketballs at night drives me nuts.
Oh, now see? That is a sound that would be really soothing to me. Summer sounds. I'm odd that way, I guess. :)

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
My body favors the winter wake up time...losing this hour of sleep really messes with me. But the light makes all the difference in the world!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I can't answer that, Nick, because I've never understood it either! We always had DST growing up down in Evansville so it was odd to come up here and not have it. My parents even got irritated when the whole state went to DST because now it means our time is an hour off the whole year instead of just half!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Add me to the list as well. And by the way, Melissa, what is the deal with you guys and DST? I've never understood why it's a big deal.
And me.

The buzz of crickets when the heat of the day starts to back off.

The comforting whine of an electric fan stuffed in the window.

The crack of bat from a baseball game on a faraway radio outside, as a neighbor washes his car.

Even the disturbingly weird tinkly music of the neighborhood ice cream dude and his funkadelic van.....

Love the summer. Just love it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts