Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we have just got home a two month old golden lab - he was down with a stomach infection for the first 5 days ... now when he has regained his strenght he is teething - biting - barking at everyone and even snapping .. what cud be the reason and how long does this last

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
The only reason for this is his age and his training. You need to get him enrolled in obedience training.

BTW you only get yellow Labs. Goldens are a different breed of retriever.

As you can see from my sig pic they play hard with each other ( Bitey face ) You need to discourage that with humans and that's where the obedience comes in. If he nips you tap him on the nose or give him a toy to chew on and encourage him to play with the toy. I doubt that waht you call snapping is aggression at 8 weeks old so discourage it !

Labradors chew constantly - some never stop - some chew for a couple of years. If you haven't thought of or researched the breed then I would suggest that you also invest in a crate and train him to use it ( start by feeding him in there or giving him treats to make it a fun place ) before he destroys your house ! You will eventually need to leave him on his own and with a crate can be sure that he wont get into something that he shouldn't !

ETA - Welcome BTW Look forward to seeing pictures and maybe your choice of name.

Also see this thread ! Happy reading. http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/...79-our-best-advice-suggestions-new-owner.html

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Agree with the above - that sound about right for a puppy. He's a baby, he needs to be trained and encouraged to behave properly. Look into puppy kindergarten classes (once he is old enough - but start searching now) then obediece classes.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Agree with everyone else. The obedience will be a good thing also i will tell you know do NOT roll him over on his back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts