Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. My 2 year old lab Zeuse seems to have a problem with my neighbor. Every morning he runs off and does number 2 right in their driveway where they step off the porch or pees on everything. I am at my wits end. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Anny suggestions would be great. :-[

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is Zeuse fixed? Does your neighbors have dogs? Is your backyard fenced? I would recommend to NOT let Zeuse run off every morning, correct his actions by denying him the opportunity to do so on your own behalf.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Honestly - my dogs always preferred going in a neighbor's yard - I mean do you want to poop on your own property? hehe

Don't give him the opportunity. Call him back before he goes, teach him to stay in the yard unless you say it's ok to leave the property. If this means teaching him a better recall (and this may not be necessary -just be sure to keep an eye on him and not let him out of the yard)

Honestly - it's not fair to the neighbors. I hope you do go pick it up!

·
Registered
106 Posts
lol he's gotta go!
j/k

you should def. only let him go inside a fenced yard or put him on a leash before he goes.

bottom line.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I'm confused. Why are you letting him out to 'do his business' in your neighbours front yard? ???

This is your problem, not his. Either let him out in a SAFE, fenced in yard or area to potty or put him on leash and bag it up. There is no excuse for this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My neighbors do have a dog and mine is not fixed. I hate to get him fixed he is a great dog and I would love to breed him to get another, but... I do go over every mornig before they wake up and pick it up. Do you think getting him fixed will help? If I put him on a leash he wont go..Its like he is stubborn and knows I am a softy. He does not run off on my husband just me. I have an Akita also she was easier to train she knows her boundaries and will not step out of the yard. She is also 13 now and not a puppy anymore. Thanks everybody for your comments.. I am going to try and stick to my guns and keep him leashed... :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Please do the responsible thing and get him fixed. There are enough labradors in this world. You should also check out the FAQ Should I Breed My Lab in lab chat. Unless you can meet all of the requirements on the chart depicted there, don't do it.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Ask your neighbors if they want another one, just like him, pottying all over their yard too! As far as not pottying while on leash, he absolutely will if he has no other options. If you're outside with him and he doesn't go, bring him inside (ideally crate him) and try going outside in 15 or 30 minutes to give him another chance. He'll catch on.

As for the breeding, he's two years old...right? So he's been CERF'ed 3 times, has OFA finals on hips, elbows and heart and you know his PRA status?? He also probably has a couple working titles and is on his way to his breed CH, I bet.

Get your boy neutered.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I hate to get him fixed he is a great dog and I would love to breed him to get another
Please go to Lab Chat and read the sticky up top about Breeding. Twice.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Here is the sticky from Dani:

http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,34657.0.html

Please don't be irresponsible and get your dog neutered. There are enough unwanted puppies in the world -- don't add to that. Go down to your local shelter or rescue and see for yourself. Look at all the Labs and Lab mixes. Many of those dogs will never make it out of the shelter alive simply because there are not enough homes available. :(

Leave breeding to the professionals who know what they are doing. True breeders aim to improve the breed and not produce puppies just because "Foo-Foo is a great dog". Having a great dog is no reason to breed. EVERYONE on this forum has great dogs. Fantastic dogs with wonderful temperaments. Can you imagine if everyone bred their "great" dog? it isn't worth thinking about...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts