Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this the other day when looking at this picture which is just another picture of a store with people out front. Picture 13129 of the Butcher Collection, West Union, Custer County Newbrassky 1886. The E.E. Whaley Hardware, Groceries, Boots and Shoes, plus post office. The Lady is a Mrs. Farley the post misteress.

Notice the black dog who is a bit blurry from moving, is he about to mark the horses leg? ::)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never thought of that, none of my Labs ever were poop eaters. I just looked it over quick and decided to use it for a historical picture. I was "window peeping" at the store looking for something I found one other time. Wrong store.

Anyway I cropped this part and left it full size. The full picture is almost 2 meg.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kaytris said:
The laying down dog looks like a black and tan coonhound, a bit....

I've enjoyed all your historical pictures.
Ejoy doing it, most of them were going to get loaded into Photobucket anyway for use on my other board. Enjoyed yours yesterday, the period I sudy ends with the US entrance into WWI.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2LabsInNEPA said:
Gotta get me a hat like the guy riding the horse!! :p
What size do you wear? I shaped one like that about a month ago for a friend of mine. ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I think you guys are right; looks like it's a Theo ancestor... :p
If it was Mickey, he'd still be rolling in it when the picture was shot. ::)

I love the historical pictures though, it's awesome that we have a view into a moment a hundred +/-years back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts