Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you both in Canada and the US get and enjoy this magazine. I know I have for many years. Well I just found out that apparently as of December's issue it is longer going to be published. I gather this is a financial based decision. Such a good publication and I'm so disappointed that it's coming to an end after so many years. Anyone else aware of this and why it's happening?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
No idea. What I do know, is that the CKC member price didn't go down. Before, you'd get the membership and a 1 year subscription to the magazine for $55.

Now my membership is $55.

The magazine will still be online, apparently.

(Oh and they also changed about the Lifetime member, you have to over a certain age now...not 30 years of membership, when in 8 years I was due for a lifetime membership LOL)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea. What I do know, is that the CKC member price didn't go down. Before, you'd get the membership and a 1 year subscription to the magazine for $55.

Now my membership is $55.

The magazine will still be online, apparently.

(Oh and they also changed about the Lifetime member, you have to over a certain age now...not 30 years of membership, when in 8 years I was due for a lifetime membership LOL)

Yes, I guess it will still be online. Not sure if it will be the same info though.

Regarding the Lifetime CKC Membership (previously 30 years)......I didn't know they'd changed that. So how old do you have to be and is that somehow combined with the number of years you've been a member?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I can't remember, it wasn't 'too old' I think it was like 55 or 60, but I've been a member since I was 11...was looking forward to Lifetime AND NOT PAYING, sooner.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I can't remember, it wasn't 'too old' I think it was like 55 or 60, but I've been a member since I was 11...was looking forward to Lifetime AND NOT PAYING, sooner.
I was closer than you to the 30 years. You would think that rule would still hold for current members, but I guess not. I couldn't have imagined that they would do away with the DIC mag. I guess it's a financially necessary decision. Too bad. I didn't know about it until I got my membership renewal and the mag wasn't on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts