Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corn isn't one of those foods that is harmful to dogs is it? I just dropped an open can on the floor and came in a sorry fourth place when it came to cleaning it up.

Anybody know anything?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Corn is actually used as a binding ingredient in many kibbles to keep the kibble pieces together. Some dogs are allergic to corn and wheat. If your dog has been eating a dog food with corn listed on the ingredients and hasn't had any problems, then I would guess that your pup doesn't have an allergy and they should be fine.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a jackass I am. I didn't really make the connection between the corn meal in some foods and real corn.

I should delete this thread before anybody sees it. What a dork.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Golfgirlrobin said:
I should delete this thread before anybody sees it.
Yeah, but then I would start a thread saying, "Hey, why did Robin delete the thread about the corn? Guess she got some advice she didn't like!" ;)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My late buddy Midnite hated corn, the kids will give him left over veggie soup with crackers and with awesome slurpin' noises in just a few seconds there would be nothin' left in his bowl but corn. ;D How he managed that so quick I'll never understand, it happen so fast one would need on a them fancy motion analyzers to figure out how he did it. ;D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I did the same thing a few months ago. The only occurrence was that Larry ended up with corn kernels (in tact and still colorful, no less) in his poop the next morning. Yum.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have the same problem with corn since my multiple surgeries, but it only takes about an hour. ::) Was that TMI?

Accually corn is hard for anything to really digest good. Hominy is not though, a chemical change when you soak it in lye allows it to digest better.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
LarrytheLab said:
I did the same thing a few months ago. The only occurrence was that Larry ended up with corn kernels (in tact and still colorful, no less) in his poop the next morning. Yum.
Well, don't we all? Sorry....TMI?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Ya ever seen the Red Foxx Video "Red Foxx in a Plain Brown Wrapper" a bit crude at times, but classic Red. ;D

He was tellin' about being in Europe durin' WWII, he said someone said the Germans we're comin' and he was tryin' to run but couldn't get no where cause he was slippin' in somthin' brown.................................and it had corn in it. ;D

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
This thread reminds me of the time I dropped a jar of peanuts and Jes was just lapping them up. So what do I do, run to the forum and post a question about peanuts and if they're dangerous (despite the fact that I regularly give his pills in peanut butter).

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Ok not related much to this however it is about how hard corn is to digest.
Once at an office I worked at, a bunch of us girls went to the rest room and the stall I picked had a few kernals of corn in the toilet bowl :eek: :eek:. EWWWWWWWWW We still talk about that. ::) ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but:

theoconbrio said:
Golfgirlrobin said:
I should delete this thread before anybody sees it.
Yeah, but then I would start a thread saying, "Hey, why did Robin delete the thread about the corn? Guess she got some advice she didn't like!" ;)
Made me actually LOL.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The other night when I left work I stopped by the public restroom rather than the employee's one because it was on my way out. Noticed the sit-down potty was plugged as I used the stand-up one. Being a good employee.................................................................I told the boss as he was lettin' me out the door, "hey the toilet in the men's room is plugged................................................and they were eatin' corn. ;D

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
You are sure to have Corn-elius poos tomorrow!! ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts