Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Parker the puppy boy....oops I mean the mischievous Parker the puppy boy. (1 1/2) We also have an ancient (16) scraggly old cat named Eric. When Eric is on the couch Parker loves to just go up and put her whole head in his mouth. He does not hurt her or attempt to hurt her and the cat doesn't seem to mind it except that it gets her whole head soaking wet. He just does it for a minute or two and then leaves her alone. What's up with this. Is it a sign of affection, or what?

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
When I brought my current Pug home to Jo @ 8 weeks, I put him on the floor to introduce them & the first thing Ronnie did was run up to Jo & crawl inside his open mouth. :eek: For a few seconds I was thinking - if he closes his mouth, this pup wont have a head. :eek: He crawled out & they both proceeded to lick each other. They were best friends until the end. I wish I had a camera handy that day. :(

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
My lab does that to my cats sometimes. Maybe they're just testing to see if they can swallow the thing whole! Willy doesn't do it, only Libby.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Hmm.. tuck does that with koda, actually.. he'll put her entire muzzle in his mouth.. it's weird.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
When I was a kid we got a lab puppy and a kitten at the same time. The puppy did that to the kitten all of the time (he did it even when they got older). My favorite was when he was puppy and would retrieve her. I could say, "Rocky, where's Daisy?" and he would go find her and bring her to me (in his mouth). He never hurt her and they were the best of friends.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Midnight has never allowed either Tal nor Barney to do that...swats the paws! Funny things is, Midnight never exposes the claws either! Thankfully, they enjoy eachother and it is funny trying to guess who is trying to annoy whom.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Shelby does this to Sadie all the time! Sadie tolerates Shelby's playfullness to a point, one of these days i have a feeling she will start tossing her around like one of her toys...lol
Afterwards, Sadie hides in the closet to clean herself of Shelby's slobber

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
None of our cats will tolerate the head-in-mouth thing but both labs have tried it on all of them. They have to make do with nose-up-the-butt instead.

So, just for clarity, your female cat is named Eric? Does she have identity issues (just kidding, friends of ours have always had female cats, names have been Murphy, Tadpole, Minnow, and Reiley).

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I got Sylvester when Abbey was about 18 months old and they are best friends (see siggy pic!). They both play together (chase/biting&cleaning each other) but have never hurt each other. Abbey will lick Sylvester and put her mouth on him, but she doesn't bite down.

Sylvester will go up to Abbey when she's sleeping and bite her tail or her ears.. such a little stinker!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts