Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I watched that live yesterday. Well, I started to watch it then had to turn the TV off because I was so worried when the dog was trying to get away from the firemen. I turned the TV back on right at the end of the rescue, and was able to rewind and watch what happened. The whole rescue took about 40 minutes. When I started watching, there were about 5 firemen holding on to ropes as they tried to walk over to the dog, but the dog moved away from them and headed down river. The water was above his belly and every now and then he'd come to deeper, move turbulent water (that's when I shut it off). He got too far away from the firemen that had been lowered into the river and that's when they brought in the helicopter. The paramedic got bit several times on his hands and forearm. It's amazing that he held on to a squirming, wet dog even after being bit.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I saw the video on the news tonoght. That was spectacular and kudos to them for not giving up. The dog bit the rescue fireman who was hauling him/her out of the water. They have him/her at a shelter now and no one has claimed the dog. And you're right..a Shepherd. I hope a nice loving home is in the cards for the dog now knows as Lucky! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts