Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband heard on the radio today of a dog that stole his owners mobile phone, he began playing keep away with his owner, who was getting evermore frustrated with his mischievous pooch.

Somehow, by pure coincidence and bad luck the dog managed to dial 999 whilst chomping on the phone. 999 is obviously the UK version of 911, the emergency services operator was then shocked to hear a very loud voice screaming

"Drop it, I said drop it, Get down or I'm gonna kill ya!!"

Several patrol cars, armed police and ambulances were then deployed to the scene, where a very embarrassed dog owner had to explain what had happened!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
LMAO....

Shanny did that to Laura except she didn't dial any #s, just destroyed the phone!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer did it to me. Didn't destroy anything, but pressed a speed dial number and called a friend of mine. She had the whole thing on her voicemail . . . Drop it! *dog panting* Drop it! *dog panting* . . . Get back here you little $#$%! The voicemail message went on for a minute and a half and was pretty funny.

On another note, my son did the same thing when he was 10 or 11 months old. He was playing with the phone, and somehow dialed 911 (not on speed dial). The call didn't last very long, because I took the phone away and hung it up. The 911 operator called right back and asked if everything was ok; when I told her it was she asked if my baby had been playing with the phone. She could hear a baby's voice, and heard me talking to him and taking the phone. She knew there wasn't an emergency, so luckily she didn't send anyone.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
That is pretty funny!!

Ben has dialed 911 twice, once on FIL's cell phone and once on the IL's home phone! Both times it was apparent there was no emergency I guess, since no one came, but it just goes to show how easy it can happen!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
We work for a company that you dial 9 to get an outside line. We make numerous long distance calls so the next number is 1. Well frequently someone fat fingers the phone and dials 911. If you stay on the line and tell them oops no harm no foul. But if the person hangs up quickly thinking it didn't connect the cops show up and walk through the whole building to make sure nothing is wrong.

Now if you don't think management doesn't get their underwear in an up roar when this happens you are sadly mistaken. They don't mind the accidental dialing it is the hang up that ticks them off.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I can understand the hang-up making them mad, because they don't know if it was an accident, or cut off deliberately. Stay on the line, explain, apologize, and save them a trip and a lot of adrenaline rushes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts