Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought registering for the dog park was going to be so difficult. First, I go to register at the county building bringing all of the documentation I needed. They tell me I need a dog license in order to register for the dog park which I have to get from my township. So I go to the township, they won't give me a dog license because Bailey's rabies certificate expires in August. The rabies must not expire within 11 months of getting a license. I call the vet to see if you can get the rabies vaccine early. They will give it to her now, but I would also have to pay for a wellness visit.

So registering for the dog park is costing me more than I ever thought. $40 for rabies vacine, $55 for wellness visit, $12 for dog license, and $25 for the dog park's yearly fee. I thought this was only going to cost me $25!! So now I have to wait because I can't pay for it now, I just paid for more personal training sessions.

Is this normal protocol for a dog park? I understand the dogs needing to be up to date with shots and everything, but Bailey is up to date, so I am just annoyed about it. Just needed to vent!

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
wow - is that a private park? Off leash areas here are sections of public parks, only a dog license is needed (and that is rarely enforced)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Some of the dog parks here are free, others have fees ranging from $20-$50/year. All require up to date on shots, and a dog license in communities that actually issue them. However, your word andsignature is all that is required for the shot record and the dog license. Once in the parks, there are random checks for dog licenses which the dog must be wearing. There is much more enforcement on the park permits which need to be displayed in the parked car, stiff fines if the car does not have one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts