Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are moving into a house with a chlorine pool, and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts or experience has been with this? I wasn't sure if the chlorine was bad for them or not.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
No advice, but I'm jealous you're going to have a pool!! I wanted a pool for the boys so bad when we moved. Hubby said no. :( Waaaa!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
CJ doesn't know how to swim. I can't imagine why. It's not like he's a spoiled, pampered pup or anything...

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
lol Laura

and as for Milly, the only time she has ever been near a pool she 'fell' in. omg... she swam fine when she resurfaced but the SHOCK on her face was priceless!

how embarrassment! I have a water dog who 'falls' in the pool. hehe!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
We had a pool and used chlorine for years and Princess loved it (so did I)! The cholorine never bothered her and she went in the pool all the time. I just hosed her off when she came out. You and your pup will LOVE it!!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Cappy had a pool for the first six years of his life. He absolutely loved it!

When we built our retirement home here in TX in 2004, we thought that with 132 acres and 5 ponds the dawgs didn't need a pool. That was a mistake on my part and wish we had added one back then.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
ooohhh! Cappy is just so cute! he looks glorious in his pool! what wonderful photo's!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
We don't have a pool, but if we did, i'd love to have the pups in, 1 of my 3 hates swimming so it would help him to overcome his fear if i could get in with him...sadly i'm not willing to jump into the swampy mud holes that Jasmine frequents to help him out!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Jake swims in pools whenever he gets a chance - no problem with chlorine yet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our Sadie is 9 months old and since she first went in at 5 months we can't keep her out unless we tie her up. We're working on keeping her out when other kids are in the pool without having to tie her.
She is just an awesome swimmer, can turn on a dime and now is getting good air time when she dives from the side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fantastic!
Labs can be so funny about skin issues, and that is the last thing I need.
I'll try to get some pics online once we get moved in...5 days and counting.
Thank you everyone for your feedback!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lucy LOVES swimming! She started out trying to swim in her water bowl :) And then one day she just jumped in the pool at my parent's house. Although their pool is salt water and does not use chlorine, she has been in several chlorine pools and I have never seen a problem with it. I agree with you though that their skin is very sensitive!! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts