Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have to go away for a couple of days on business and that means I will be away from Tal :(

Anyway, my plan is to leave Thurs afternoon and return the following Saturday afternoon. A friend of mine Tal knows will house sit for me to take care of Tal. I am going to write out his routine so it can be followed as closely as possible. So Tal will be in his own home with someone he knows.

That trip is two weeks away and I am already missing him. I was gone for three days once before when i was on jury duty and pretty much the same scenario. I know he will be fine but still..

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Sounds great and you are very lucky to be able to leave Tal in the care of a friend in his own home. That is a friend that I would cherish! I am going away for a few days in May and not taking Princess. This is the first trip we have taken in 4 years that she did not go with us. I have her great accommodations for her but I will be worried sick about her.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I do the same thing when I leave Boomer. Honestly, I think it's worse for us than it is for them! They probably miss us, but they are excited about being with other people. :) I'm sure he will have fun playing with a friend of his, and hopefully the time will pass quickly for both of you!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Sounds good to me :D

When we had to leave Molly with my cousin, she had to stay at her house and everything was fine :D I just wrote a note saying how much food she got with each meal, and warned her that Molly would try to counter surf anything left unattended, but she has a lab so she knew that part (lol).

I'm sure you already thought of this too, but make sure your friend has the # to your vet juuuust in case.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
It's great that you have someone that can stay at your place with Tal! I'm sure Tal will have a great time with your friend. Plus you'll have the rest of the day Saturday and all of Sunday to be with him before work on Monday!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AbbyandMolly said:
I'm sure you already thought of this too, but make sure your friend has the # to your vet juuuust in case.
Well...I keep it written on a postcard and have it attached via a magnet on the fridge...which is right next to the phone..;)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brigettas Mom said:
It's great that you have someone that can stay at your place with Tal! I'm sure Tal will have a great time with your friend. Plus you'll have the rest of the day Saturday and all of Sunday to be with him before work on Monday!
Well I don't get in until 6 Saturday but I'll have Saturday evening with him plus all day Sunday like you said. I thought i'd take him to daycare that Monday too...kinda ease back into a normal schedule...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That sounds great to me! When a dog can stay in his own home with someone he knows, that is the best!! We are leaving this weekend for a little R & R and Haylee will be staying at Kamp K9. That is where she goes to daycare 2 x a week and so she is able to board there, too. Her friends (also Labs), Kiri and Tucker will be spending the weekend there, too. I know they will have a blast. Tal will miss you, too, but you'll be back before he knows it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts